“Delicious food ”

Royal Thai
Ranked #25 of 159 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Delicious food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Suggest making reservations as this is a small restaurant and very popular! Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Most of all, our meal was delicious and menu had many choices for us vegans. Will recommend to our friends and want to return.

2 Thank CAB26

Venice
“1ST Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We really wanted this place to be great. It was average but we will come back for the waitress who was knowledgable and always had a smile. Prices are average for this type of restaurant. .Next trip I will try the duck and that will determine if we will be future customers. The Spring Rolls were very good.

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
“Really...real Thai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

The food is cooked by Miss June herself. The food is fresh and seasoned unlike any other Thai food I've had. It does not taste like Chinese food. Although the restaurant is on the rustic side, it's worth a trip for this authentic taste. The waitress, who is Miss June's daughter, is a little grouchy but who cares? It's definitely worth a trip to this local "secret".

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kathleen L
North Port, Florida, United States
“Finally Found!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had been searching for a Thai restaurant in our area for some time now. We found Royal Thai in a recent newspaper article. Tried it twice now and both times were treated to great food and service.

The first time we had soup (Tom Kha) - coconut milk with lemon grass and chicken and assorted other seasonings. Entrees were House Fried Rice, Pad Thai, and Panang Curry with chicken. Finished the dinner with a Sesame Pancake (topped with sesame seed, sugar, roasted crushed peanuts). We fell in love with the place, staff, and food and had enough to eat another dinner and lunch! Oh and sampled the homemade carrot soup, which was very tasty.

Two weeks later, we were back. This time had the Spicy Wings (we're hooked) and sampled the soup of the day - chicken vegetable. Very well seasoned...not your typical chicken veggie soup. My husband even liked this soup and he's not a big fan of the classic version. Tried other entrees this time - Royal Thai Cashew with chicken, Pineapple Fried Rice, & Coconut Chicken. All great tasting and ample servings. We finished this meal with dessert - Thai Doughnut with Custard Dip. (about 7 small, soft doughnuts.)

I also want to add that the spicy dishes can be as mild as needed. I'm not big on too much heat and I am able to eat their spicy dishes...so far!

Highly recommend this place and will be back for sure. The hard part is deciding what to order and next time we'll have to try other dishes too!

• Visited August 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Sharing of a "local secret" .. Dinner at the Royal Thai Restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I'm pleased to share my many Dining experiences at one of Charlotte County's best kept "local secrets" .. Dinner at the Royal Thai Restaurant, in Punta Gorda. Located on State Route 17N, about 8 miles out of town and the historic waterfront downtown district of Punta Gorda, the Royal Thai has been a continued favorite of ours for the 20 plus years we have been living in Punta Gorda. June, the owner / chef, and now with her daughter Christina, are always there to personally greet you upon entering and seating you in this small, but cozy Thai Restaurant. Being the creature of habit that I am, I most always will order my favorite appetizers and main course, generally starting with delicious Spring Rolls, made fresh daily, Chicken Satay with peanut sauce, and from there the decisions get difficult .. What to order for dinner?
My wife and I will try and order complimenting dinners of seafood and chicken, with one being moderately spicy and the other not. But, having married a former chef of 20 plus years, I sometimes will let her choose both the entrees that will be shared and compliment each flavor. Pad Thai ... is always a favorite of ours - Hot pot, generous with Shrimp and mixed vegetables is difficult to beat .. Sizzling Chicken - thinly sliced chicken breast nestled on a sizzling bed of fresh spinach and peanut sauce is also at the top of my list of favorites, and all are coupled with an order of brown or white steamed rice.
Meals at the Royal Thai will most always start off with a complimentary bowl of the Soup du jour and are always good. The Duck, oh my word, the duck is as good as is found between Punta Gorda and the China Town section of Montreal ! The Menu is "over-stuffed" with selections starting with Appetizers, main course Diners and ending with Dessert, if you still have the desire.
Count on the Chef to visit with diners seated at each table during dinner to be assured that everything ordered and served was as expected, and from my perspective, it always has and I'm certain that it always will be ..! Treat yourself to an evening of Thai cuisine by visiting the Royal Thai .. You'll be glad that you did.

• Visited May 2013