“Best fresh seafood (casual) in Punta Gorda”

Peace River Seafood
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Fresh seafood, cold beer and a relaxed atmosphere. Reasonable prices and adequate service
Are combined with great seafood dishes. Also a seafood market at the side and a great burger for land lovers!

1  Thank etibbet

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Crabs are now $30. all you can eat. We bought a dozen large to go, $50, too high. sadly found the crabs were not large. Two large & the remainder were too small. They did give us 14 but it didn't make up for paying for LARGE. We are not from the area so we could not take them back.

3  Thank Irene F
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A real shack. Literally, an old house with one small bathroom. But the boats show up every morning with whatever is biting. They always seem to have some crabs available. We are from Maryland and we thought they were OK. Wouldn't do the crab cake though. The she crab soup was OK.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had been hearing about this restaurant, and decided to give it a try. I had the shrimp creole. My first overall reaction to to the shrimp was that it was very bland, but it also had a chemical taste. I tried my husband's seafood chowder and it was the same thing. I think it must be how they process the fish. The andouille sausage was tasty, but the corn on the cob was mushy.
I had a very unsettled stomach for the rest of the evening but, thankfully, did not get sick. It is a very folksy place, but their prices are not. I had high hopes for this establishment, but I regretfully have to give it two thumbs down.

5  Thank JoyceandRonnie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Try to get here several times each winter. Best and biggest shrimp anywhere and crab cakes delicious. If you have to have fancy napkins and snooty waiters this is not the place for you. This is old world Florida at its best. Always fun, always delicious. Worth any wait, but time it right and get right in.