“Key Lime Daiquiri or Margarita either or where is the alcohol?”

Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oldest restaurant in Punta Gorda!!! Award winning New England Seafood Style restaurant, from Fish 'N' Chips to Maine Lobster Salad, from Ipswich Clams to Grape Nut Pudding. Many meat lover specials too and a great gluten free menu. Watch stunning sunset views over Peace River while sipping a cocktail from the fully stocked bar. Voted 'BestSeafood Restaurant' with Charlotte Sun, Harbor's Hottest 'Freshest Seafood' and Business of the Year with Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Key Lime Festival well that deserves it own review, so we wont even go there.

The view is great. There is "out door seating" is side seating on a pavilion patio like structure. There are3 tables that are actually sitting looking at the water, first come first serve.

we ordered the festival special key lime margarita. when it arrived in daiquiri glasses we were all thrown off. Taste tart not really lime tart, but sour mix tart. We all began to drink them and each wondered where the alcohol was. When we told the waitress it was not good just chilled sour mix, she said "oh it is a very expensive special lime tequila", that is fine can we get some, her response to that is its sneaks up on you...well I am still waiting,

we did order oysters and conch fritters. Pretty hard to mess up oysters, the fritters were very greasy but ok.

For me as the reviewer I went, it is not on my must return list. Other reviewers seem to have higher opinion and ate more food than we did. So check it out and just beware of the special key lime tequila, it is more like ninja tequila you never knew it was there.

Sue R, Owner at Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review I suspect that you might have visited another restaurant within Fishermen’s Village as we do not sell Conch Fritters and our ‘Key Lime Drink of the Day’ was a rum based drink, not tequila. If you visit Fishermen’s Village again why not give us a try – we have a great view too!!
Take Care,
Sue Randall
Owner

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had king crab legs, trout and grouper. The crab legs were not great and neither was the trout. The ambience is great but. It worth it for the overpriced food.

1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This restaurant has a lovely setting on the waterfront. Both inside and outside seating is available, service is very good and there are Great staff and food, but a little expensive.

Sue R, General Manager at Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Greetings Nathan- Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us at Village Fish Market. I am pleased to know you enjoyed dining with us as much as we love serving you! Your business is sincerely appreciated. I am sorry if you feel our prices are a little high. We offer entrees in two portion sizes and a variety of fish to suit all appetite sizes and budgets. As an example our Fish and Chips which is made using Atlantic cod which is served with coleslaw is priced at $10.50 for a lunch and $15.25 for a dinner size portion. Let us know if there is anything we can do to better serve you in the future. See you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

5. Two wines .... very good, glasses good size

I would go there again

Price ... $95 including tax and gratuaties

1  Thank Colin J
Sue R, Owner at Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thanks for visiting Fisherman's Village. The Lobster Seafood Casserole is one of my personal favorites as well, thank you for mentioning the wine – we actually so an 8oz pour of wine where most restaurants do 5 or 6oz – and we don’t charge any more for it!! I appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. Be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your dining experience even better. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to this restaurant while visiting Fisherman's Village. The waiter was excellent. I had the lobster roll which was just about the best I've ever had. My husband had the hgrouper sandwich which was enormous. The food was delicious. I would recommend going here. The view was nice, too.

1  Thank ctwallis

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive dining experience with us and our guests. I have already thanked your waiter for taking such great care of you. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your visit here with us at the Village Fish Market. We pride ourselves in serving you meals with portions and taste that exceed your expectations. Your business and your feedback is very important to us. Hope to see you in the very near future.