“Delicious!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Toronto
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Exceptional food from a former finance wizard who traded his briefcase for a toque after 9/11. Innovative and localized menu. Only drawback was a rather uninviting decor - tables needed some sprucing up with flowers or candles, and proper place settings.

2 Thank WinsomeTraveller

Punta Gorda, Florida
“On overall excellent dining experience”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Trabue is an excellent choice for fine dining in Punta Gorda. This was my third visit to Trabue. The menu is somewhat limited but certainly offers a nice variety for different tastes. The Caesar here is among the best I've had. The scallops and blue crab was superb. Others in my party were happy with their selections. Trabue offers both inside and outdoor seating. If the weather permits, I'd suggest outdoor seating for a fine dining experience. I had hoped for some fresh bread or rolls but none were offered. I'll be back on an evening where we can enjoy the outdoor seating away from the bar that can sometimes be noisy.

1 Thank Dennis P
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Excellent for the X-mas party as well”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We were there last Saturday, 32 people, in the cozy cottage at the back garden.
This small patio, now with Christmas outdoor lights, brings Trabue different atmosphere.

As for cuisine - we were looking for a little bit of European style and we got it!!

Appetizers plate - the choice of cheese and cold cuts I really liked. Scallops wrapped in bacon- I heard a lot of compliments from my colleagues.

I was impressed with the food! Food was excellent (prime ribs, shrimps, swordfish). Nice and warm service, very Christmas atmosphere. Musician was a little bit boring... and one of my friends told it should be another sauce for prime rib, but may be he just did not like the horseradish.
Many thanks.

• Visited December 2013
Antioch, Illinois
“New favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at Trabue last night and what a great surprise it was! The food was great only to be outdone by the wonderful service (Taylor) and great music! We will be back!

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Very surprising, but a great surprise!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had eaten here when it was a small plates restaurant, but were surprised with the new format of great American food. The service was outstanding (even though we found out it was his first night on the job), he was knowledgeable and served us very professionally. The food was "Outstanding". There were four of us who have all eaten in some of the best restaurants in the country and even the world - and Trabue was right up there with the best. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. I had the duck and it was simply terrific, every one said their meals were wonderful. The chef came to the table and we congratulated on giving us an exciting evening and great food. Be sure you go to Trabue!

• Visited November 2013