“Great walking, go when warm and sunny it will be better”

Alligator Creek Preserve
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived here Feb.28 2013 around 8am. It was cloudy and in the low to mid 60's for a temp. We spoke with a volunteer on where we might see some gators, he was very helpful and told us we might not see any with how cold it was. He was correct.

We walked the whole park which is about 3 miles, maybe a little bit over 3. We seen fish in the pond, one huge owl, one osprey. We started out slow and quiet hoping to see everything we could .

Multiple signs are located all over for info on what certain plants and trees are named, animals and reptiles as well.

Make sure you bring BUG SPRAY...all over SW Florida in February and March i havent encountered mosquitoes before. They werent all in your face they mainly always went to your legs, my girlfriend and I ended up with 60-70 annoying bites between us both.

Im told best time to see gators or other creatures is when its sunny and warm, I will try this again another year when weather is better.

2  Thank FencePert

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a great place to hike and enjoy the peace and quiet of Florida. The trails are well marked and there is wildlife to watch if you slow down and let the birds and animals come to you. My favorite trail is the Flatwoods Trail which has a onE mile connector to the Old Datsun Trail.

There are a number of Geocaches to hunt as you walk including two milticaches. I particularly enjoyed the Wild Hogs cache that has 6 waypoints and each segment is reached by a projection from your current location.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Hiked the trails, but didnt see much of anything except mud and mosquitos. Enjoyed the weird little taxidermy shed.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I live in Punta Gorda. This is my favorite place to bring guests. I have never been disappointed by not seeing a giant gator basking on the bank of the pond. THIS IS NOT A ZOO. There are walk ways but no fences or barriers. The visitor center is friendly and helpful. Get a glimpse of wild Florida.

8  Thank gloria d
Reviewed 3 March 2012

There are 4 miles of nature trail and 25 different birds. There is the Three Lakes Trail,
Eagle Point Trail and Flatbread Trail. Please note the park closes at 3pm and the entrance
gate is shut at this time. We did not see many birds or alligators on our trip.

4  Thank booking123