“Good walk for the dogs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Alligator Creek Preserve
Madison, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good walk for the dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

After first visiting with my wife, I returned with our two dogs for an afternoon walk. They loved the wilderness. Good trails and only one other party that I met along the way. Saw two alligators and two turtles and a bunch of fish. Simple wilderness experience with very easy trails for everyone.

1 Thank SnickerDog

Naples, Florida
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Go only if you are in the neighborhood. . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

There really isn't anything particularly special about this park. The trails we took were extremely narrow and not particularly pretty. I'd look for something else.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank vinnyandbabs
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very pleasant surprise, close by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We loved the Alligator Creek Preserve - for years we've passed it every time we go town for food, but never stopped. Nice loop hikes, we saw alligators, lots of birds, a bald eagle, great reflective ponds, salt marshes and more. Also a few mosquitos, so take bug spray.

Visited January 2014
Kentucky
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Nice short walk, saw a few alligators.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Grab the map in the box as you drive in. We proceeded up the path and were greeted at the center by a delightful woman. She told us about the property and trails. We did see a mid-size alligator sunning on the waters edge. And then a baby one in the marsh area. The trails were well done and it was a nice diversion. There is a bird area too. Worth the short time you would spend.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great walking, go when warm and sunny it will be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived here Feb.28 2013 around 8am. It was cloudy and in the low to mid 60's for a temp. We spoke with a volunteer on where we might see some gators, he was very helpful and told us we might not see any with how cold it was. He was correct.

We walked the whole park which is about 3 miles, maybe a little bit over 3. We seen fish in the pond, one huge owl, one osprey. We started out slow and quiet hoping to see everything we could .

Multiple signs are located all over for info on what certain plants and trees are named, animals and reptiles as well.

Make sure you bring BUG SPRAY...all over SW Florida in February and March i havent encountered mosquitoes before. They werent all in your face they mainly always went to your legs, my girlfriend and I ended up with 60-70 annoying bites between us both.

Im told best time to see gators or other creatures is when its sunny and warm, I will try this again another year when weather is better.

Visited February 2013