After 2 weeks in Orlando, this was a welcome change of pace. It was completely deserted. A few people sat around the water fountain on the main floor. We had a breathtaking view from our balcony, where we watched the sunsets every evening. We borrowed bikes(complimentary) and rode around the neighborhood to the Ponce de Leon park and wildlife sanctuary. We played tennis (complimentary). They had a breakfast to introduce the area and had someone come in to talk about a wildlife park close by. She had a baby gator you could hold and photograph. There was no timeshare presentation. There was also a wine and cheese evening which we missed, because it was quite early in the evening and we were still on our way back from the beach. The nearest beach in Port Charlotte was closed due to bacteria, so we drove to Englewood.
Staff was friendly. The unit was clean. The local wildlife was quite tame. It was very quiet the entire week we were there. We walked to Gilchrist Park and the splash fountains nearby. The quaint downtown area was also very quiet.
The units were clean. The bathroom needs to be updated but the rest of the unit suits the whole vibe of the area.
The location was ok, although far from beaches. We did visit Ft.Myers Beach and Siesta Key, both really nice and wide with white sand and clear warm water.
We probably won't visit again, since once you've seen it, there's not much to go back for. We have teenage kids. For seniors or fishermen I'm sure it's a wonderful place to keep going back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fishermen's Village Resort Villas are located directly above Fishermen's Village Shops, Boutiques and Restaurants. An all inclusive vacation destination, each villa is 1,000 sq. feet, accommodates up to six people, two bedroom, loft, kitchen and balcony. Free bicycle loaner program, BBQ grills, pool, on site shopping, dining, water recreation activities. Daily/Weekly rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fishermen's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fishermen`s Village Villas Hotel Punta Gorda
- Fishermen's Village Resort Punta Gorda, Florida