Fishermen's Village Resort
US$66
US$73
US$67
US$63
All reviewsjust returned from a weektime shareliving roomcenter courtfull kitchenwildlife sanctuaryold floridabeach chairsa queen size bedmilitary museumjack and jilltimeshare exchangeponce de leonpool waterlots of interesting shopsnoisy at timesinteresting place to stay
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My friend and I were very pleased when we arrived at how clean our villa was! Office personnel were very friendly and helpful in every way. Convenience of having 4 restaurants right on property and all the shops was so nice. I had such a good nights sleep on their memory foam mattresses that I went to the office to ask what name brand their beds were. They said I was not the first person to ask that so they had it at their fingertips. When I get home I am buying a new bed!! Very friendly people here. My favorite place to eat here is the Fishermans Village Market for their food, service is fast and excellent and prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed for a week in 2012 and liked the resort so much that we puchased two timeshare weeks. We stayed for a week this February and hope to stay for another week in 2014. We love the resort. The units are very comfortable. Our experience has been that the units are clean and the staff is very friendly. The veiw from our unit is wondeful. As far as night life, larger cities are a short distance away, offering all the entertainment and night life that one would want to enjoy. There are many museums and other attractions nearby. Orlanda is about 1 1/2 hours away, so Punta Gorda is a great base for taking in Disney World. It's also an option for those who want to attend the Daytona 500. And of course, in February and March many spring training exibition games are within an hours drive. Oh yes, there is also a wonderful farmers market right in Punta Gorda on Sunday's. Lots of local fruit, vegetables and crafts. I would encourage anyone who enjoys a more laid back vacation experience to visit Fishermen's Village Resort.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the main entrance of the resort. Rooms toward the middle of the esplanade tend to be a little noisey on Friday and Saturday nights due to live entertainment, although the music stops by 10:00 p.m.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 358am46
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I recently had a one week time share rental.

Our suite was 3 bedroom and had numerous "extras"

The ordinary rental charges are $190 per night.

The outdoor heated pool is undersized but with modest chlorine levels.

There are 111 boat slips and tours are available.

There is what amounts to a small mall with 3 dozen shops and restaurants.

ALL are locally owned.

Room Tip: Reservations well in advance are all but required. Dream vacation for a deep-sea fisherman.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had a fun week at Fisherman's Village. Our apartment was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They provided us with a cooler, chairs, and a beach umbrella for our daily excursions. Great sunsets viewed from our balcony!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank ICook13
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After 2 weeks in Orlando, this was a welcome change of pace. It was completely deserted. A few people sat around the water fountain on the main floor. We had a breathtaking view from our balcony, where we watched the sunsets every evening. We borrowed bikes(complimentary) and rode around the neighborhood to the Ponce de Leon park and wildlife sanctuary. We played tennis (complimentary). They had a breakfast to introduce the area and had someone come in to talk about a wildlife park close by. She had a baby gator you could hold and photograph. There was no timeshare presentation. There was also a wine and cheese evening which we missed, because it was quite early in the evening and we were still on our way back from the beach. The nearest beach in Port Charlotte was closed due to bacteria, so we drove to Englewood.
Staff was friendly. The unit was clean. The local wildlife was quite tame. It was very quiet the entire week we were there. We walked to Gilchrist Park and the splash fountains nearby. The quaint downtown area was also very quiet.
The units were clean. The bathroom needs to be updated but the rest of the unit suits the whole vibe of the area.
The location was ok, although far from beaches. We did visit Ft.Myers Beach and Siesta Key, both really nice and wide with white sand and clear warm water.
We probably won't visit again, since once you've seen it, there's not much to go back for. We have teenage kids. For seniors or fishermen I'm sure it's a wonderful place to keep going back to.

Room Tip: All rooms overlooking the water have great sunset views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Mamawilliams
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Punta Gorda. We are located in a smaller town and the summer months are typically our off-season. I hope you enjoyed the slower pace and will recommend the area to your friends.