“Come for the food...don't worry about the atmosphere!”
Review of Jimmy's Tacos - CLOSED

Jimmy's Tacos
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Prepared daily fresh food. Cooked to order with fast friendly service.If the shutter is up we are open, and weather is always a factor...
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Excellent Mexican food!!! Large servings of mouth watering dishes. You can't go wrong here. Overlook the setting. No ambiance...just great meals!!!

2  Thank Dancisak
There are newer reviews for Jimmy's Tacos

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

When you drive North on 41 through Punta Gorda, you can't hardly miss the Tacos sign. We stopped in for a bite, and it has become our favourite quick stop in town. The tacos and staff are second to none. The first visit we had Samantha, and she was terrific. The last two times we've had Travis, and he too is wonderful. Tuesday is buy 3 get one free. Our first visit, we ordered four tacos that Sam recommended. She knew we wouldn't know which was which, so she wrote it in sour cream on our tacos. The customer service here is top shelf. Don't miss out on this place. It's De Best!

2  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I stopped thinking Jimmy's was a Taco stand based on the appearance from Hwy. 41 North and were pleasently surprised to find a full-service restaurant. We both ordered Taco's and enjoyed them very, very much. The service was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is not so impressive, but many Mexican restaurants are not big on appearances. We put more value on the food and service...Jimmy's Taco is a winner. We are looking forward to trying other menu selections beyond just tacos and will review here again later.

2  Thank JoeHill3
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Second time to Jimmy's. Its small and friendly. The food is fresh and quantity for the price is good. They do have specials. Usually from 2-4pm and after 4pm another set of specials start. We will make this our late lunch/early dinner stop to take advantage of the specials. They also give a 10% discount for veterans.

3  Thank QuiteLifeWithoutKids
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've been several times, with friends. Each time, I simply ordered their standard type taco, and I thought they were good. Twice I had the bowl of mixed rice and beans, and both times both the beans and the rice were undercooked. Not just al dente, but definitely undercooked. I went through a vegetarian phase, I know undone treehugger food when I eat it.

My friends tried other things, and those typically were a rip-off. The worst was the carne asada burrito, which was 90% rice, 8% beans, and literally had exactly 7 teensy bits of meat in it (yes, we counted). When I say "teensy" I mean, the size you make diced onion pieces. Teensy. This was, in essence, not a "carne asada" burrito at all, but a rice burrito. The cook that day was a teenager (or so we were told by the teenaged waitress, who said the manager was off-site and had left the two teenagers in charge). Still, even when I was a teenager, I could cook up a storm, and I wouldn't have tried to rip off customers whether I was being supervised or not, so that's not an excuse, whatever you think about a manager who will leave his business in the hands of minors.

Anyway none of us have gone back to this place; I don't see that it is worth the trip. If you just want their standard tacos, I think you'll be okay.

1  Thank Hap P