“Great wine list and wicked good tapas”

The Orange House Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Orange House is combination Bistro and Wine Bar. We offer small plates of various portions. You may snack on imported olives, nibble on a Artisan Cheese Plate, or if you are up for something a bit heartier...you can choose a Flatbread or Wine Bar Plate . We have an amazing selection of wines with over 100 to choose from and around 50 that are served by the glass . Our staff is focused on providing you with a great experience, so please ask about our wines and if a bottle is open, we will happily let you sample. We also have an ample selection of bottled beers and make a great cappuccino or latte! LIVE MUSIC!!.... including Jazz, Blues, & Motown can be heard every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. The staff is warm and inviting and we treat you like family. ******SIP INTO SOMETHING COMFORTABLE AT THE ORANGE HOUSE******
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The title sums it up, food and drink-wise, but the greatest assets are Ruth and Bob. They are the owners and are wonderful people. Ruth is very knowledgeable about her wines and Bob turns ot wonderful small plates of food. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and we can hardly wait for them to reopen after their vacation. That will be on the 17th of September and I will do my best to return on that date.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This place has hit a home run. Beautiful and meticulously designed space is so welcoming when you walk in, you instantly relax. Outstanding wine list with something to satisfy every palate. A varied menu of small plates that very nicely compliment their wines...order multiple items and keep trying them with your wine...you'll discover new flavor profiles you weren't expecting. What truly makes this place special are the owners, Bob and Ruth. These people are genuinely warm and welcoming and create an atmosphere that you just don't want to leave. Thank you for providing us with a finely polished wine and tapas bar and gracious hospitality.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had heard about the Orange House from my girlfriend's mother. Since then my girl and I have gone many times.

Foods: Tapas style plates, menu in a constant rotation. The cheese plate and meat plate are constants. There is also a combo meat/cheese plate. We have also had prosciutto wrapped dates, shrimp cocktail, hummus and tabouli, and steak skewers. Some of the dishes really blew me away, and it's rare when I get something that I feel is just average. 4 out of 5.

Drinks: I'm not a wine guy by any stretch of the imagination but I hear nice things from my friends who are. I do like a good port of which they carry one or two. They have a small, but nice, selection of bottled beers and all of their prices are good for the area. 4 out of 5.

Service: Shining! Bob and Ruth are two warm, inviting, and entertaining people. You have to meet them to know what I mean, and if you go in you will. 5 out of 5!

Atmosphere: Quiet, Dark but in a romantic way. Good place for a date after dinner or before a movie. Comfy seating at the bar, and an amazing section of couches/chairs off to the right of the entrance. I'm not a fan of the music (jazzy, slow, background type) but it is a great fit for the atmosphere they convey. 4 out of 5.

Overall: The orange house is a great little spot in Punta Gorda - if you can find it (it's only painted bright orange). The service will keep you coming back again and again, and there's always something new to try whether it be a drink item or a new plate of food! 4 out of 5 with a two thumbs up!

Note: If you would care to contact me about anything I said in this review feel free to contact me through trip advisor, or email me at ferrellchristianr@gmail.com

2  Thank Chris F
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The Orange House wine bar on Sullivan Street is a must if you enjoy fine wines, good jazz (on Thursdays), and well made small plates. The proprietors are welcoming and generous with their pours. Try it, you'll love it!

kerryo48, Guest Relations Manager at The Orange House Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Why thank you for the review. We are so glad that you that enjoy our place. We keep striving to have the best wines for everyone to enjoy. Bob and Ruth have traveled extensively and found some of the best wine bars in the country and decided to bring that atmosphere here to Punta Gorda. We are so happy that our clientele are enjoying The Orange House
Kerry
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very nice place, friendly people and good wines and tapas plates...very enjoyable! will be going back soon....

kerryo48, Guest Relations Manager at The Orange House Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for the review. So glad that you enjoyed your first visit to the Orange House.
Its good to know that you were pleased with everything we have to offer. We are always updating our wine menu and Bob and Ruth have something new on the appetizer menu every week. We look forward to seeing you again and making sure that you and your friends have a relaxing wonderful time,
Kerry bartender@ Orange House Wine Bar