“Simply the best”

Ranked #60 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Punta Gorda's first authentic Italian restaurant and pizzeria. Established in 1983. Simply said "the best Italian food and pizza around". Ask anyone! Voted Best Pizza year after year by the Harbor Style Magazine Readers. Happy Hour daily 3-7pm. Lunch specials.
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place was awesome. Some of the best food I've had the whole experience was great. You can't go wrong with anything you order. The whole staff was great and friendly made us feel like we had known them for years. I hope I make it back this way as I will certainly make this my first stop.

2  Thank Kerri H

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We all know that you just cannot beat real, authentic, roadside hole-in-the wall New York City style pizza. Sorry folks NYC wins it hands down! But...Monty's delivers the closest thing to that albeit not on the giant NYC slice size. It has great flavor, an awesome crust and with a little luck the oil runs down your arm. My #1 choice for pizza is Monty's. They also serve an out of sight antipasti salad for two - one of my favorites. I have not eaten any of their main dishes so I cannot attest to their success, but I love their pizza. Reasonably priced, casual - yummy. We go at least twice a month and have since moving here 7 years ago

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Monty's has the best Italian food in the area. We like it so much we go there often and bring company there for casual meals. We started going there before hurricane Charlie destroyed the old building since it was the only local place with pizza and peppers and onions that tasted like we had in NJ. We were delighted to see it reopen in the Publix strip mall but dismayed at the food. The restruant was managed by another, the cook was another . . . .? After their owner of the original Monty's took over again, we started going back.
Now she is building a new Monty's on the old plot of land where it originally stood on US 41 (Tamiami Trail) just south of the Pompano/Airport road intersection. If the food remains the same quality we will continue to go there.
We love the pizza which is the closest to NJ/ NY tasting. The calzone is stuffed with pepperoni and ricotta, the cheesy bread is scrumptious, the eggplant Parmesan is very tasty so I order it often.
I could go on, but you get the idea. Go here and tell them Kathy P. sent you! No I am not related in any way, just a fan!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Had a white pizza with sausage. Crust was crispy, the cheese creamy and just the right amount of garlic. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Marlene W
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have experienced Monty's a few times now. There pizza is greasy but good!! The white pizza is very rich, cheesy and delicious! Would love to try the shrimp parmigiana next time!! Looking forward to my next visit to Monty's!