“The white pizza was delicious!”

Monty's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Ranked #63 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Punta Gorda's first authentic Italian restaurant and pizzeria. Established in 1983. Simply said "the best Italian food and pizza around". Ask anyone! Voted Best Pizza year after year by the Harbor Style Magazine Readers. Happy Hour daily 3-7pm. Lunch specials.
“The white pizza was delicious!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We came with locals that said they had some of the best pizza. They ordered pasta dishes that came with a salad bar. My daughter and I went for the white pizza. It was the best we have ever had. They even offered my daughter to get a salad without charge since she was a kid. Nice touch!

• Visited July 2014
montyspizza, Owner at Monty's Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
One of my FAV'S ! To hear that you find our White pizza "Delicious" is excellent!! Thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review and we hope to see you again soon!!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Yummilicious!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had the salad bar, a Stromboli and the Veal Francese. Love the service, food and fun, casual, clean vibe!

Visited July 2014
Thank you Anne for your wonderful comment!..I truly appreciate my regulars and that you took the time to comment on how much you enjoy my restaurant..yourself and your husband tell me this all the time : )
I look forward to serving you both for many years to come!!
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Love the atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had never been to the original Monty's (prior to Hurricane Charlie on '04) only to the location off Airport Road. That lacked in atmosphere but the food was great. The new location offers both and an excellent bar/munching area. Highly recommended

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sammy-kay3841
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice reviews! We love to hear when our guests have a great experience! We are glad you for highly recommend us!
“Sunday aftetnoon dinner”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Ms Crystal was our waitress and took very good care of us during our time there. Great sense of humor and attentive to our needs. The food as always was great

1 Thank randy h
“Meh”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The atmosphere is not what I was looking for in a pizzeria. It was too generic. The pizza was only so-so and the price was not outstanding. Overall, the experience was average. There are much better places around. There was a guy in a white undershirt tanktop cleaning the menu stands on the tables. He even took the ones from the occupied tables. Whereas he was not rude, the process should have been done before/after opening. It was "offputting" and did not add to the experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mark S
montyspizza, Owner at Monty's Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you Sir for taking time out of your day to tell me about your experience at my restaurant. First allow me to apologize for my brother who disrupted your dining experience. He is a professor/inventor and he was trying to help me. He invented a repair for my table caddies to not scratch the tables anymore and he was repairing them. As for your expectations of our atmosphere, food and pricing, I hope you will consider to give us the opportunity to make your average experience and excellent one next time..