“Great food, great service, great view, great experience”
Review of Captain's Table

Captain's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marion Ave
Description: The Captain's Table located in Fisherman's Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef. It is the perfect pairing of ambiance and seasonal flare.
Englewood, Florida
“Great food, great service, great view, great experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Last Saturday, we went to the Captain's Table with friends. Our waiter was Bobby. We ate the "special" which was prime rib. The salad bar was excellent. We had reservations, but really didn't need them. We sat at a window table. The view was gorgeous. There was a shade that blocked the sun, but not the view. Bobby was an excellent waiter. You could tell he was a professional. He anticipated our needs, made recommendations, and was a very personable guy. He was quick to serve us drinks after we ordered them. I got a bloody mary and it was wonderful. The garnish was a shrimp on a celery stick. The prime rib was perfect. Done just right. I wanted a "fine dining" experience and I got it. My friend recommended the key lime pie martini so we each got one. It really tasted like key lime pie! Delicious. The Captain's Table is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Well worth it and we will definitely be back!

Spencer, ohio
“Nice View & fair food $$$$”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Some times its very good some times not as we have eaten here about 7 times. Not the best for the price but great views of the Harbor, I had fish that was not good one time and they did nothing to make up for it, and that did not make me happy. My daughter likes it though and we go there once in awhile when she is here. Ive taken them off my regular list, but they dodn't care to please as their bussiness is so good.

• Visited January 2014
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Really Bad Service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We almost had to seat ourselves. After about 10+ minutes our waiter brought water took our wine and by then our meal orders. I ask for straws for the waters. After another 10 minutes I got straws myself from the set up area near our table. Finally the wine arrived & After another 10 minutes I flagged down waiter for bread. He brought it followed by our meals. I ask were our salads are & he said he had thought he had brought them, must have missed because sometimes they have a salad bar. I ordered Ahai i tuna which was suppose to be medium rare, it was medium plus. When the waiter finally returned and I showed him, he wanted to show the chef, I told him to forget it. We paid the bill and only 15% tip because we feel the problem was management not the waiter. However when the waiter brought the paid bill back except for the tip he visited about 6 minutes after not having time for us all evening Don't waste your time for a mediocre meal.

• Visited May 2014
Brittany R, General Manager at Captain's Table, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience with us. We are dedicating to customers - to provide quality food and quality service in a cleaned and maintained environment. These concerns will most certainly be addressed and we thank you for your feedback.
punta gorda
“Wish they would improve!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Have eaten here several times for dinner and lunch. The view of the Peace River is outstanding. From there it goes downhill. I ordered the filet mignon and it was burnt to a crisp. Could not eat it that's how bad it was. The potatoes were boiled and bland..The vegetables were limp. Their food is just ok. Nothing stands out and for the prices that is sad. I was given a gift card so i went but would not spend my own money and would have been angry if i did. My waiter was very good at least. With the view that they have, the restaurant has a lot of potential if they would improve the food but i guess they are satisfied with being medicore.

• Visited May 2014
We are currently in the process of redesigning our menus which is expected to launch July 2014. It will be the perfect pairing of ambience and seasonal flare and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. We truly hope to see you soon and as always thank you for your feedback.
Southampton
“OK for lunch”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having read the recent reviews we were a little sceptical when friends wanted to meet here for lunch. Scanning through the reviews most of the poor reviews seemed to concern dinner so we thought we'd give it a try for lunch. For a sandwich or salad with a pleasant view we would definitely return. The scallop salad was excellent and the club sandwich too big to finish, the grouper sandwich and patty melt we're good. We sat out on the deck watching the dolphins and birds and had a very enjoyable experience.