“Never Again!!”
Review of Captain's Table

Captain's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marion Ave
Description: The Captain's Table located in Fisherman's Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef. It is the perfect pairing of ambiance and seasonal flare.
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Never Again!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Food is nasty. Prices are ridiculous!! Service was ok. Our bill for 9 people was $285 and our bill for 9 people with tip was $190 at red lobster..never going to Captain's table again!!!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“NEVER GO HERE AGAIN”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My LAST visit to this restaurant was last Saturday night. I was very disappointed in everything about my experience. First I tried calling repeatedly to make a reservation and was never called back after leaving multiple messages. Upon arrival, we were told that it would be no problem to get me and my 3 guests from out of town seated. We as a group decided to go have a drink at the bar before our dinner, as i had become familiar with Miles and Josh over the last few months, as i dined alone most of the time and they were always great. Unfortunately, I was told that both of them no longer were employed with the company. We ordered our drinks, which were very poorly made and went to our table. We were greeted by our waitress who during most of our visit seemed to be annoyed that she had to take our table. The food was very sub par, the steak and tuna were both overcooked, and the grouper without a doubt came frozen. The waitress only came to our table to clear our plates and never even asked us how everything was. We skipped desert. On our way out I had asked another server working if he could get the manager, he went to look for the manager, then came back and told us that she could not be found and asked if we would like to talk to her assistant, he then went to the bar and asked the young boy if he could talk to us, he never came out to talk to us and we left, No surprise there, as it appeared as though the entire restaurant was being forgotten about. It saddens me that I can no longer bring guests to this place any longer because I will not look like a fool again. My guests from out of town hated everything about the visit. I was truly embarrassed for bringing them to this establishment. I can see why their best bartenders are no longer there, the restaurant used to be the best place in town, now just a crappy salad bar with frozen overcooked food. Will not return and advise others to do the same. -Chuck M

4 Thank Charles M
Brittany R, General Manager at Captain's Table, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Our sincere apologies for your poor evening with us. We are committed to providing the very best dining experience for all of our customers and anything less is simply unacceptable. We are actively addressing these concerns to ensure such incidents do not happen again. As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback.
Englewood, Florida
“Great food, great service, great view, great experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Last Saturday, we went to the Captain's Table with friends. Our waiter was Bobby. We ate the "special" which was prime rib. The salad bar was excellent. We had reservations, but really didn't need them. We sat at a window table. The view was gorgeous. There was a shade that blocked the sun, but not the view. Bobby was an excellent waiter. You could tell he was a professional. He anticipated our needs, made recommendations, and was a very personable guy. He was quick to serve us drinks after we ordered them. I got a bloody mary and it was wonderful. The garnish was a shrimp on a celery stick. The prime rib was perfect. Done just right. I wanted a "fine dining" experience and I got it. My friend recommended the key lime pie martini so we each got one. It really tasted like key lime pie! Delicious. The Captain's Table is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Well worth it and we will definitely be back!

Spencer, ohio
“Nice View & fair food $$$$”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Some times its very good some times not as we have eaten here about 7 times. Not the best for the price but great views of the Harbor, I had fish that was not good one time and they did nothing to make up for it, and that did not make me happy. My daughter likes it though and we go there once in awhile when she is here. Ive taken them off my regular list, but they dodn't care to please as their bussiness is so good.

• Visited January 2014
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Really Bad Service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We almost had to seat ourselves. After about 10+ minutes our waiter brought water took our wine and by then our meal orders. I ask for straws for the waters. After another 10 minutes I got straws myself from the set up area near our table. Finally the wine arrived & After another 10 minutes I flagged down waiter for bread. He brought it followed by our meals. I ask were our salads are & he said he had thought he had brought them, must have missed because sometimes they have a salad bar. I ordered Ahai i tuna which was suppose to be medium rare, it was medium plus. When the waiter finally returned and I showed him, he wanted to show the chef, I told him to forget it. We paid the bill and only 15% tip because we feel the problem was management not the waiter. However when the waiter brought the paid bill back except for the tip he visited about 6 minutes after not having time for us all evening Don't waste your time for a mediocre meal.

• Visited May 2014
Brittany R, General Manager at Captain's Table, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience with us. We are dedicating to customers - to provide quality food and quality service in a cleaned and maintained environment. These concerns will most certainly be addressed and we thank you for your feedback.