“Where is the "serve" in Server?”
Review of River City Grill

River City Grill
Ranked #8 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

In town for a funeral we wanted a nice, low key dinner before heading home. While the hostess and manager were very nice, our server Drew seemed to have anywhere to be except with us. Drew walked away without offering us or confirming if the sides were acceptable options. My husbands rum and sprite came with a straw? And Drew failed to tell us that they don't have Sprite but use Sierra Mist (until after the fact - aka we asked). The house Rioja was average (Drew's recommendation).

As for dinner we both ordered the local, grass fed burger and we both requested it to be prepared Medium. Sadly, my husband's was a little too raw and he didn't appreciate the chopped lettuce.

My burger was cooked well and I asked for well done fries and they were very good.

My husband asos I should mention the sofa in the lobby area is very dirty and since we sat near it, it bothered him throughout the meal.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very good option to dine out for varied occasions. Nice atmosphere. Interesting menu. Good food at a very fair price point. In spite of a very busy night the wait was only minutes and the service level was good. Our server Pam who was most pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food is first class, wide variety of entree's and appetizers. Service very good, prices are on par for this level of restaurant.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We love RCG although quite a difference between size of the crowd and energy if in season or out. This week - quiet - but food, drink and service remained great ---- and reasonable. The only real change was we had time to have a conversation with our waitress, finding out what was going on since we had last been in PG.
My wife had the scallops (as always) and found the order to be perfectly cooked (six scallops). I had the Tampa strip, served in a sizzling plate and cooked as ordered. Drinks timely and water glass filled without asking several times. Plenty of choices on the menu although it seldom changes.
We consider RCG our go to place when we are looking for consistent service and food with no hassle.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I called to make reservations for dinner at 6:00 and we arrived at your restaurant at 5:50 only to be told it would be a little while to be seated, well that little while turned out to be a half hour wait.
Why does your restaurant accept reservations if we have to still wait a half hour to be seated? I was very upset at this point until our waitress came and took our order, she was very nice and courteous. Her name was Angie, she went above and beyond to take care of us. She was very friendly and made sure our drinks were always filled and it did not take long for our food to arrive.
After waiting to be seating after half an hour with a reservation i decided my husband and I were not coming back to this restaurant but after receiving the fantastic service of Angie, we will return.

1  Thank holly v