“FANTASTIC Facility!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC Facility!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I am a refugee from Illinois. I was so impressed with the staff at the range I felt I had to review the facility. The range is first quality. The range officers are helpfull and take the time to instruct beginners as to safe range practices. The State of Florida has made me proud to be able to take my grandson there to shoot and learn respect for our state. The range officers have my greatest respect, it is a tough job to keep everything running
safely.
John Kennedy

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tarpski

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was the first time we have been to Babcock Wildlife tour- it was more than I expected. The bus ride thru the wilderness area was informative and we got to see alligators and various birds. I would recommend it for families with children- a nice afternoon out.

Visited February 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Babcock-Webb, the quiet attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We sort of went to the 'wrong place' (off route 75, exit 158), only to find the better way to experience real wilderness than our original plan would have offered. No bus trips, no bike rental, just pay a (small) fee and drive into the park with a map and some tips from the ranger. We met only 3 or 4 others during a slow drive of several hours with stops wherever we felt like stopping. A great way to experience wilderness in all its raw beauty. We did not see any deer (we can see that at home), but many alligators. Huge animals taking in the sun just a few meters away from where we stopped. And there are plenty of birds, wonderful to watch and listen to. For those that like experiencing true wilderness this is a perfect place to visit. Walking is allowed and even encouraged, of course with the necessary care and respect.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Lucia G
Sarasota, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a couple of hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I live 40 miles away and just finally visited. We took the 90 min bus tour. This time of yr is perfect for the open air bus ride. We had a great tour guide! Everyone there was very friendly. Cows and wild turkeys came to the bus to eat corn. We saw many gators, horses, wild boars etc. I plan to go once a yr in the fall from now on. Great photo opportunities as well.

Visited December 2013
5 Thank wilster006
Punta Gorda, Florida
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Great place to visit and take your kids and grandkids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a look at "old Florida" and one of the original ranches settled in southern Florida. The bus trip is great to show tourists, especially kids about the area. From exciting sights of birds, beef and alligators the trip is action packed and exciting. When the bus driver brought the small aligator onto the bus to show to the kids and to let them "pet" it, excitement exploded. That was the highpoint for the grandkids.
A tourist attraction certainly, but enjoyable and fun for the family. Took the kids out of ipods/iphones/videos and into the real actual world.

Visited May 2013