“A place for a beer and a game...”

Harpoon Harry's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #21 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Harpoon Harry's is a fun, casual, seafood restaurant with an incredible view! With quality food, and quality service at reasonable prices, Harpoon Harry's is the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset over Charlotte Harbor! It has outdoor seating that is dog friendly. Sunday-Thursday - Kitchen is open from 11:00am-9:00 pm. (Bar open until 10:00 pm) Friday-Saturday - Kitchen is open from 11:00 am-10:00 pm. (Bar open until 11:00 pm) Bands and Special Events will vary.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is one of the several restaurants in Fisherman's village. To my knowledge, all three restaurants there are all under the same management.

When compared to the other restaurants in Fisherman's village, Harpoon Harry's is not where you want to go for a good meal. I have seen the kitchen and it's very greasy and food standards are not being met. They are a younger staff who are more interested in finishing their shift than offering upscale service. I actually witnessed one the chefs reach into the trash bin to retrieve a paper order and then start on putting together a food order that came in shortly afterwards; without washing his hands.

**Food Quality: three words....."microwave" and "deep fryer". You will not get fresh made high quality food here. I ordered crab cake sliders and was not impressed. The buns were stale and the crab cakes were mushy, deep fried and bland. They were said to be served with a flavored mayonnaise - which was forgotten when I was served my meal. Even after I received the condiment- it did little to bring these crab cakes to life.

**Service: this is a very busy "seat yourself" establishment with a fun and energizing atmosphere. I stopped counting at 30 televisions and they also have a small arcade. It is VERY noisy - but fun nevertheless. Picnic table style seating.

**Other notes: I ordered one of their speciality mixed drinks and it was a huge disappointment. The plastic cup was filled to the top with ice- and the drink was so watered down I could not taste any liquor nor any distinguishing flavors. For the prices they charge, the drinks should be better. Huge disappointment on the mixed drinks.

In summary, if I wanted to drink beer (specifically) and watch a game- I would come here. For food and cocktails- I highly recommend you try somewhere else. I was able to view the kitchen upstairs at "The Captains Table" and the cleanliness and food prep was vastly improved. I haven't eaten there....yet.

Final review: no thank you. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

First of all, we love this place! Happened upon Harpoon Harry's about 3 years ago. Saw Fisherman's Village, which is so cool in itself, & decided to brouse through the little boutique shops. We always go at Christmas time on our way further south in Florida. At the farthest end of Fisherman's Village is Harpoon Harry's. We have always sat out on the deck overlooking Charlotte Harbor. The views are so beautiful any direction you look. I have the shrimp basket which comes with 8 huge batter fried shrimp, abundant french fries & cole slaw. It was perhaps the BEST shrimp I have ever eaten! The service was mediocre but was acceptable due to the delicious food. It was a fun dining experience since I am from Missouri, eating a meal in t-shirts, capris & flip flops this time of year while at home they are expecting a major snow/ice storm! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good shrimp!

1  Thank bsnorris
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Fun waterfront bar with waterfront dining. The food is a ok, but it's a about the waterfront dining.
Watch out for the birds, they will grab the food out of hands. Checkout their live entertainment

Reviewed 1 December 2013

One of the best sunset viewing spots on Charlotte Harbour. Surrounded by water and boats, along with good food, great service .....what more can you want. Located at the end of Fishermans Village, just getting there through all the boutiques and stores is a great walk. We enjoy it much and go back often.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Previous customer who was happy with my last visit, but this restaurant has been remodeled and renewed with even better food. The place has gone through several changes during the summer and has become more open for entertainment and gatherings. The menu seems better and the food definitely has improved in quality and quantity. There is outdoor dining and the view is spectacular. There is another restaurant upstairs but this is definitely the "fun" place to dine and meet your friends. We were a party of six and everyone was more impressed this visit over their last visit.
Definitely will be a regular and will return many more times.