“Really has gone downhill” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Tacoma, Washington
“Really has gone downhill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed in February 2014 for 2 nights. Had reserved King room in renovated section. On checking in the desk clerk confirmed my reservation type and gave me the keys to the room. After walking down a very long hallway and turning past another 6 or 7 rooms with all our luggage in tow, we came to our room, a queen, non renovated room. We called from the room and the desk staff said they had given us that room because the one we reserved was not ready. They could have told us that before having us carry all our items. The desk staff seemed put out that we really wanted the room we reserved and paid for. So after trekking all the way back to the front desk we were given a key to a king renovated room that had miraculously been made ready. The second day there, our room was not cleaned. Called the front desk and was told that housekeeping had gone for the day. I said that was not good enough and asked what they were going to do. The front desk person very snottily said "What do you want . . . Towels". I said no, I wanted a clean room. A manager must have heard the exchange and came over and said they have a night housekeeping person who will work on your room. (Thought bubble was why didn't they offer this the before) I said fine, I will wait outside at a picnic table and have someone tell me when the room is done. No one came. After an hour, we went back to the room. The bed was made. No trash pickup, no freshening. As an aside, the chair in the room was modern, but very uncomfortable. We have stayed in this hotel (under various names since 2001). No longer will we be a repeat customer.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated section if you must stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Dagsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We arrived early and the two young people at the front desk went out of their way to accomodate us. We were not happy with the first two rooms they assigned us, right by the laundry and too near the parking lot. They gave us a room on the second floor that had just been renovated. It was large, clean and comfortable. There was a complimentary breakfast every morning with waffles, hot and cold cereal, pasteries, bagels and a different type of eggs and meat each day. The pool was clean and well maintained and the hotel is located directly on the Harbor Walk which is the main pedestrian artery in town. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay side are $20.00 more per night but the view is fantastic. If you get a room on the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrentSeguin, General Manager at PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope you visit us again this year!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The towels were large and very clean and the tv worked fine.

The staff was not courteous, and actually rude, the elevator appeared to be the freight one, breakfast was very slim, plates were no longer available for breakfast and would not be restocked, and the breakfast area was in front of 2 large sliding doors so that every time the doors opened your napkins flew off the table. All in all I was extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Be sure to understand that a city view may mean a view of the parking lot with dumpsters and not a s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abby58
Thank you for your review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations, the elevator has been renovated. This tourist season was very difficult for us as we were in the middle of renovations and all staff was practically brand new. We look forward to next season going much smoother.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

It was easy to find this hotel, and there was plenty of available parking. Our room was well appointed, with refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, large flat-screen TV, and work area for laptop. The room smelled fresh and the king bed was comfortable. The location is great! One can walk to town, or along the waterfront. The complimentary breakfast offered many choices and was well above average.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMPalmer
Thank you for your review. We hope you stay again this year!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Desk staff was surly and thuggish. The whole hotel was shabby and unkempt. Rooms were dirty and smelly. We returned to our room in the evening to discover that although the cleaning staff had taken the tip, the room had not been cleaned. We tried to call the desk several times to complain and with no answer. Went down to complain and get coffee for the next morning, which the cleaning staff neglected to leave, and we were met with overt hostility. Two nights in a row, the halls reeked of marijuana.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Sallie1217
Sidney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Unfriendly staff,bad rooms,I changed rooms 5 times in a 2 weeks period.all rooms awfull.not cleaned. Motel over booked so they kept moving people to different rooms. Motel in bankrupt mode so management does't care about customer service,they just need the money.breakfast only good thing it has right.if you get a room with a harbor view that is nice. Will never stay there with current manager,she is not friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kent K
Thank you for your review. We have searched our system high and low for a Kent K, we have no records of you staying in this hotel during that time unless you used a different name. Also, someone with 5 room moves in 2 weeks at some point I would imagine the situation would have been brought to my attention. If for some reason the room was not in your name please let me know.
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel is undergoing renovations, I had the pleasant opportunity of staying in the...."old part".
I had a leak in my bathroom that was causing the floor in the shower area to get wet. I reported the problem in the morning and when I returned later that night the floor was still wet,,, I was ignored.

After switching rooms I went to find a plug near the bed to plug in my cell phone, the only available one, behind the bed, was coming out of the wall showing exposed bare wires. The area behind the bed was filthy, obviously not cleaned in months/years. While walking next to the bed my foot kicked out an empty water bottle from under the comforter, left from the previous guest. There was, what appeared to me, to be mold in the bathtub area along the wall.

I needed to to laundry, when I went to the 2nd floor guest laundry the washer was half full of nasty water and an "out of order' sign posted on the machine. I went there a couple of days later,,, still not fixed, still half full of dirty water.

A old tube TV from the 1990's adorned the room. The paint in the hallways and elevator area was chipped off, lights above the breakfast eating area burned out. I went to use the guest computers one afternoon and the computers were not working.

The mattress in the first room I stayed in was so worn out that it almost sunk to the ground when I first sat in it.

It appeared this hotel had a serious maintenance problem. While renovating one area, the other area was totally neglected. I do not appreciate paying over 100 dollars a night for the area thats awaiting the renovations. IMO this place is a dump, I have stayed in other hotels for 50 dollars less a night that puts this place to shame.

The only positive I can think of is the location, it is right next to the harbor. I was visiting family and brought them by the hotel and into my room one afternoon and they were shocked at the condition of the hotel for the price that was being charged,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!