PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Budget Inn(Punta Gorda)
American Inn(Punta Gorda)
View Hotel
All reviewshouse keepingcharlotte harborfisherman's villagepeace riverpunta gorda airporthurricanewaterfronttrentdanishbaywalkwaypgfloridatiki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

4/14 - 4-18 We stayed in one of the renovated rooms. The lighting in the room is very limited. liked the extra area for putting on makeup or drying hair. Took the stairs most of the time due to they only have one elevator. The pool looks very nice, we did not get a chance to use it. The breakfasts were not to bad, it is still a work in progress, they need to get rid of the chairs by the TV and add more tables. the coffee is good too. Beds were comfortable. Could use more hangers. The water leaked on the floor after taking a shower in the corner.
Wish there was a safe in the room and would be nice to have a workout room.
It was great having the restaurant/bar connected to hotel. They had entertainment every night.
We used a coupon from the hotelcoupon.com book. We will stay again. I am sure the renovations will be done by then.

Room Tip: view over the park and water
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TrentSeguin, General Manager at PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed in a newly remodeled huge waterfront suite! The room was clean. The front end staff were great! General manager Trent was everywhere. Nicole was cheery and very helpful. The Hurricane Charley onsite bar and restaurant was fun with a great view. Every item we tried on the menu was tasty. Bar tender Cathey was on the ball and very attentive and made was GREAT suggestions! The location, service, and room was well worth the price!

Room Tip: Waterfront Suites are a must!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to see you again next time!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had read the reviews and decided to take a chance because the rate was so favorable I could not pass it up. I was a little worried when I turned into the parking lot and saw the construction dumpsters. When I got into the lobby there were a couple of people in line in front of me, so I looked around, it looked fine to me. When I got to the front desk, a very nice young lady apologized for my having to wait. She found my reservation and asked what floor I would like to stay on. I told her to choose and she said "5th", very wise choice, Great View!!! The room was one which had just been renovated. The bathroom was very nicely done with granite and modern fixtures, new flat screen TV, Nice new bed, new furniture and the room is huge. Did I mention the view? The breakfast was great with eggs and sausage, toast, waffles and lots of other things I did not try, many choices. I was on a business trip so I did not get to explore the hotel as much as I should have, it sits right on the water and I saw many people heading out or coming back from outside and I did not hear anyone complaining. The WiFi worked great and there are a couple of computers for guest use in the lobby. Sure there are some issues which have been mentioned due to the renovation, the elevator is tore up and some areas do not yet have floor covering but what do you expect? I would guess the rates will increase once the renovation is finished. Great place, nice staff and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Follow the advice that was given to me by the young lady at the front desk, stay on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel is average...ask to stay in the newly renovated half. Its a great location on the bay with great views from waterfront rooms. Attached bar/restaurant has the BEST sunset view with live music. Service is excellent there as well. As far as the hotel breakfast..do not waste your time. Go to Elenas or John Skis...both awesome for breakfast!

Room Tip: ask for the newly renovated side of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and we agree, John Ski's house of breakfast does have a great breakfast! The renovations are almost complete, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with our finished product.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The upsides: very nice patio area with a beautiful waterfront view, room was recently updated, very clean, decent breakfast. The downsides: we booked on expedia and the pictures did not match the room we got. We had our 3 teenage boys and thought we were getting a larger room with a living room area. We got the average 2 bed room and had to cram a rollaway in near the bathroom. When we complained we were told there was nothing they could do for us because we booked with expedia, said we should've booked with them directly and then they could upgrade our room. We didn't let it ruin our fun though,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are sorry about the confusion with the room types, but because we only have 10 suites, we do not offer them online anymore, they go too fast. Next time reach out to us directly and we can make sure you get the large suite you are looking for!