“usual frequent stay, perhaps 25 multiple visits over many years”

PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
“usual frequent stay, perhaps 25 multiple visits over many years”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

G.M. and Mainternance manager the best! They and staff have done great job on refurbishing; MY WIFE AND I LOVE THE PLACE! Is it a 5 Star Deluxe Resort [rip-off]..NO! But if you want a great view, clean rooms, convenient spot, excellent service/attitude, take our advice, and stay here; cant beat the value, either. We are going back in a few weeks and just stayed there 3 weeks ago [live 20 miles away]. Ron/Maryann

Room Tip: waterview, but pool side fine
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I read about those who complain of ants and such... I laughed. I have inspected the hotel before and stayed here almost 20 times. Each time it has been excellent. Stop complaining about little thingsz people! Phone or something not working. You own a cellphone!! Love this place!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeremy G
cape coral fl
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at this establishment on07/04/2014and I must say it was probably 1 of the worst hotel stays I have ever had.

First off our entire hallway smelled like a skunk it smelled as though something died in there.

After getting into our room we try to make some coffee but our coffee machine doesn't work so we try to call down to the front desk to have it replaced and guess what ? The phones don't work.

We go down and tell the front desk and they say we will have maintenance look at it tomorrow morning on 7/5/2014 but seeing that was when we were checking out that didn't do us much good the girl at the front desk just said we have coffee down here in the morning if you want..
Well we wanted coffee then not in the morning.

Ok now the worst part we go out that night come home and go to bed and are woken up in the middle of the night with red ants all in our bed my 5 year old daughter bitten up by ants and of course we couldn't call down to the front desk because our phones didn't work and at 3am in the morning wasn't trudging downstairs to get anyone so we took bedding out of the closet and went and slept by the door where there wernt any ants around.

I would never ever even think of staying at this establishment again and when I get a moment I will be writing a review on this dump on trip advisor and everywhere else I can find.. I cant believe I actually paid 152.00 for this dump.

Oh then in the morning when we got up off your lovely hard smelly floor and went downstairs to start putting our luggage in the car to get away from this nightmare of a place our 5 year old daughter and I went out the back door because it was so hot in the lobby you couldn't breath we sat down at 1 of the tables and lo and behold armies of red ants which immediately started biting both me and my daughter so we had to run back inside while waiting for my husband to finish loading the car.. I will never stay here again and ill make sure I write this all up on every review site I can find..

Then to make matters even worse I emailed this whole review to the hotel management and not 1 word back from them not a sorry, or anything gotta love these business's that think they can just take your money for crappy service and then all sit there and scratch there heads when there closed down due to bad reviews and no one showing up anymore..

A big Middle Finger for you Punta Gorda Waterfront hotel !!!!!

Room Tip: Stay Far away from it thy could care less about you !!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank annmarie311
clay township, mi
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came in for our second stay here and YES they are remodeling. But, the wonderful staff and accommodations confirmed the reason we came back. The whole staff is wonderful. We had only planned to stay one evening and were delayed. Trent had no problem accommodating our stay and was very flexible. My Birthday fell on a day that we were there and were supposed to be in our new home. The sellers delayed us 3 days and I was completely upset my husband and I went for a walk, when we returned a member of the staff had placed a bottle of wine and a happy birthday note in my room, totally made my week. I was really beginning to lose faith in people in general and to have someone go out of their way for me was what I needed to show me that there are still great people out there. I will make sure that when we have family and friends in that they go straight to PGI. Hurricane Charleys is now open and serving drinks at the pool !!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We tried to check in early, but our room was currently occupied, but Christian at the front desk just moved us to another room, and made sure house keeping got in it quick to clean it. We stayed in a king suite with a water view, and It was beautiful. We were also right next to the pool, which was great as well. Breakfast was delicious, there was a lot to do around there. Only issues that we had was drunk, belligerent adults and there children yelling and screaming in the pool until about midnight one our first night, (clearly not the hotels fault, but the parents who were inconsiderate of other people) and on the second day, a couple of drunk people in the pool with beer bottles, cigarettes,(and i mean literally, drinking and smoking IN the pool) and cussing around the young children. Other than that, it was great, and we will definitely be staying here again!

1 Thank JD314
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was not expecting this!
Great ambiance. Right by the water. Good location.
Wonderful Florida Location!
I did not expect this... Tiki bar is Awesome!
Rooms by the Pool have a great view of both pool and Bay.

Room Tip: Wonderful Florida Location! I did not expect this... Rooms by the Pool have a great view of both p...
1 Thank Leovy L
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Shelby who checked us in, was just wonderful, she told us all about the hotel and Tiki Bar. Everything was brand new and the guest rooms were very nice, spacious, we had a refrigerator and microwave and a very comfortable bed! The web-site does not do this hotel justice. The Tiki Bar was really a lot of fun. I can't wait to stay there again!

1 Thank VirginiaG427
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte

Been to PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!