“Working very hard to keep it nice.”

Knights Inn Punta Gorda
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Exterior was neat and clean. Interior was clean with fairly new carpet. Small room but had mini-fridge and microwave. Mattresses were soft in the center part but had a rather stiff edge which kind of made me think of sitting on the edge of a waterbed.
Really close to the Punta Gorda airport.

Room Tip: Good, econimical stay for a night or two.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you we are working hard to make your stay pleasant

There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Punta Gorda

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this motel for a month, so I feel I can write a pretty comprehensive review about it. For a basic, standard motel, Knights Inn was actually quite nice! As far as I could glean, it used to be an incredibly seedy place, but since the owners had changed some time about a year ago, they really turned the place around.

The motel is located on the outskirts of Punta Gorda, away from the main part of town -- though it is close to the airport and the highways. It's across from a truck stop (so a room facing the truck stop could be an issue for noise; ask for one that faces away) and there are many fast-food joints and a mega Walmart within walking distance. Nothing fancy, but your basic needs will be met. Even though it's a somewhat out-of-the-way location next to a truck stop, I never felt unsafe, nor did I run into any safety problems in the month I'd stayed there: the motel grounds and the nearby area are well-lit and were generally quiet and peaceful. There is ample parking, including parking for larger vehicles such as trucks.

The grounds of the motel are well-kept; there is a small pool that I never used, but it seemed clean also. My room was very generously sized and had most of the amenities I needed such as a microwave and a fridge. Unfortunately, there was no coffee-maker or kettle in the room. (There is coffee and hot water, along with some packaged doughnuts provided for breakfast in the morning at the reception, but that's it.) I liked the black-out curtain: I did not know whether it was day or night when the curtain was drawn. The room itself had somewhat of an unusual odour that was not pleasant, but I would stop noticing it within five minutes of being in the room. The carpet and bedding were new. The furniture was basic, but sturdy and in good condition. There was a clean and well-functioning heater/AC (and since it was an unusually cold winter for Florida, I needed that heater!) In the month that I spent there, the old-style boxy TV got replaced by a flat screen one, so it's clear that the owners are continuing to upgrade the property.

Most of the issues I've had were dealt with promptly. A broken fridge got replaced, a slow-draining sink was cleaned out, and a wiggly electrical outlet got secured. Housekeeping people were friendly and did a decent job cleaning. The only problem is that there were no "Do not disturb" signs, so on the mornings/afternoons when I needed privacy, I made my own little sign and taped it to the outside of the door.

The people running the motel were really friendly and accommodating. At one point during my stay I fell quite ill and had to go to the hospital, and the owner was very helpful: he spent over half an hour calling the hospital, my insurance company and the taxi. He even offered to drive me to the hospital at no charge!

There are pet-friendly rooms, so if you're coming with a dog or a cat, this is a place that would accommodate them in designated rooms.

Overall, I was happy with my stay. Unfortunately, I think I was one of the last people who were able to enjoy an incredible discount for longer stays -- I don't think they offer that anymore. However, the prices they have now are still quite reasonable, and I would definitely consider Knights Inn again if I were returning to Punta Gorda.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the truck stop or rooms in the second building (not connected to the receptio...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to Punta Gorda. Close to a truck stop. Our room was on the back side, noise really wasn't an issue. The room was ok. The smell was not so good. I called front desk to get extra pillow, and complain about the odor. Manager was very responsive, brought pillow and air freshner immediately, she said it was new carpet smell, but I can't really put my finger on what the odor really was. I can't commit on the breakfast, we check out before it was ready.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

than you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

It's okay for a place to sleep if you have a late flight coming into to Punta Gorda. Easy to find. Lots of restaurants nearby. Was reasonably clean. Breakfast is packaged rolls and coffee so don't expect more. .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

2 years ago, we spent a couple of nights and we decided to return for a week's vacation this Feb., 2014. We were pleasantly surprised to see the grounds of the Inn greatly improved....nice landscaping. Our room was recently painted and carpeted. Very comfortable with a large flat screen TV. We enjoyed sitting out at the pool most evenings. Most helpful & friendly owners and staff. We'll plan on returning ASAP.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

we are so glad you enjoyed your stay cant wait to have you back again.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Low rates, clean, and well cared for property in a convenient location in probably the friendliest part of Gulf Coast Florida. The owners of this property continue to improve the premises, and treat guests well. We spent 4 nights, then visited on the east coast. When we returned for the last 5 days of vacation, there was a new TV and hair dryer installed. Owners and staff are friendly and excited about there beautiful corner of Paradise. Even the nearby airport did not disrupt sleep. A previous review mentioned hard pillows. Just ask at office and they can find softer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed for 3 Days. Quiet, Clean, Friendly. I will stay here again. Won't Go broke either. Had to stay close to the Airport {Punta Gorda} and later realized you are actually close to everything you need to be and then some.

Room Tip: Excellent Location for Punta Gorda Airport
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Yogendra S, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#7 of 7 in Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte

Been to Knights Inn Punta Gorda? Share your experiences!