“Excellent Seafood!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Havana, United States
“Excellent Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I have eaten lunch here twice and we plan on going back. The Crab Cakes are outstanding-they are full of crab meat and are perfectly seasoned. The first time we tried them fried and they were quite good but the broiled cakes on our second visit were the best! We didn't care much for the cajun mayonnaise sauce-it wasn't bad but it overpowers the well seasoned crab cakes. We loved the fried shrimp, scallops and grouper- the batter is rather unique -quite crunchy, it has been years since I have enjoyed such crunchy fried seafood-that being said I suspect that lots of folks would prefer a lighter batter.The shoe string potato fries will not be to everyone's liking-they are limp and more than just a bit soggy (greasy) BUT they taste terrific!!! I would not hesitate to order them again for their excellent flavor. My wife thought the onion rings were too salty-but I liked them. I told some of my friends about Country Boys and they visited on Valentines Day-and they were a bit swamped by the crowd.They missed getting one of their baked potatoes. At our day time visits there have not been many other diners and the service has been good and friendly. We look forward to dining again here as I want to try the seafood broiled.In fact I am getting hungry right now just thinking about it!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank David M

Quincy, Florida, United States
“Best seafood around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've been to this restaurant about 5 or 6 times since it opened, and everything has been great! Crab cakes are made from scratch and are absolutely my favorite!! Also, make sure you try to bang bang shrimp sauce, even if you just order it as a dip for your fries -- it's delicious!! The fries, by the way, are totally worth it -- hot, fresh, and perfectly salted. And be sure to ask for Mandy as your server, she's the best!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Amanda850
Quincy, Florida, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Every time we've eaten here, the food has been wonderful! Raw oysters, FRESH fried shrimp, frog legs,wings, and the BEST coleslaw around!! It's all been great!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Marcella B
Quincy, Florida
“The batter is not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

The new country boys is a good seafood place. The raw oyster are just right. The seafood is fresh and plenty of it. The service and atmosphere are outstanding. The cleanliness of the place stands out. The batter is bad. It is too thick and heavy and robs the flavor of the food! Good luck to the owners if they don't make a change

Visited August 2013