“Last minute stop”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quincy
Rather be in WDW
“Last minute stop”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Got the last room available - ended up being perfect. King suite for our family of five. Very clean, great front desk staff. Decent breakfast. Good overall value. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jrbdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Is either a newer property or so well maintained that it looks new. Excellent staff made checking in and out a breeze. Room was spacious, spotless and the bed extremely comfortable. Would definitely stay there again. It was easy to access off interstate 10. This was the first night of a 3,000 mile road trip and was a great way to start our vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Deborah D
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I am a travel agent and I typically prefer to stay at higher end hotels; however, being that my visit was to Quincy, FL the pickings were slim to none. Therefore, after doing my home work I decided upon the Holiday Inn Express and couldn't have been more delighted!!!! Access off the highway was easy. The staff was welcoming, warm and friendly. The rooms were a nice size, very clean and tidy as were the bathrooms. The only suggestion I would make is to have better lighting and a magnifying mirror for makeup application. I was happy to find a more than ample supply of towels and pillows!!! I slept very well and for breakfast I was more than satisfied with the choices they offered for the money. I can't forget to mention the warm peanut butter cookies that were served at the check-in desk. YUMMY in a word! So if your travels ever take you to Quincy, Fl don't worry about where to stay because there's only one place to ever consider and it's this place - The Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dee A
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This is a very nice property which is just off I-10. It seems newer, clean and we were comfortable and slept well here. There is a fridge and microwave and they have breakfast in the morning. We would definitely stay here again, as it is so convenient and well kept.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 52cali
Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2012

At the Quincy exit off of I-10 there's only three choices for hotels. The Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express or a older no-name place. I first went to the Hampton Inn, thought the price was too steep so I went next door to the Holiday Inn Express. Not only was it nicer, it was $10.00 cheaper. Beautilful,newer place. Check in was fast and the hotel staff was friendly. Got a king non-smoking room and it was roomy and comfortable. The whole hotel is 100% smoke free. Great bathroom with a huge walk in shower, no tub. Comfortable bed, big flat screen tv and free wifi.
The hotel also has a outdoor pool, fitness center, guest laundry and a nice little convenience store. The free complimentary breakfast was nice and included eggs, pancakes, sausage cinnamon rolls and more.
I'm glad I stayed here and would gladly come back again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Aerowing
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I rotate between the two major brands in Quincy when visiting Gretna, Florida about ten minutes to the west. I typically eat in Tallahasee, but the breakfast as either is fine for a quick bite. As a Platnium Elite and Diamond member I typically get upgraded at either property. Staff is always friendly and I have no compliants.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to room 126 a King Suite on the first floor near the lobby, I thought it would be l...