“Really nice HIE. Quiet. Friendly. Comfy New Beds & Linens”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Quincy I-10
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quincy
Columbus, Ohio
“Really nice HIE. Quiet. Friendly. Comfy New Beds & Linens”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We were on a roadtrip and chose this HIE based on Tripadvisor reviews. The property did not dissapoint.

Yes, it is somewhat remote. There's not many restaurants and no 'chain' sit-down restaurants in the area. That's about the only downside we could find.

The staff was friendly, the hotel new and clean. Our room was comfy and quiet. That's just what we need on a long road trip.

We knew ahead of time (thank you tripadvisor!) that this location was remote - so we ordered Domino's delivery from the hotel's WiFi. Our pizza arrived in 25 minutes and all was good. :-) (BTW, Domino's new recipe is much improved!)

Breakfast in the AM was well maintained and stocked. The attendent was very friendly and welcoming.

Although this was an off-the-shelf HIE - it was one of the better ones that we have stayed. Our compliments to the staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FamTravlr678

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I have no complaint about the hotel. I stayed on Priority Club points so the value was obviously good. The hotels location is a bit of a problem. There are no restaurants near. It is approximately two mile to a grocery store. This is not the hotel fault however it is worth considering when staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank edmac48
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I check in at 1:00 AM. Rooms are nice and appear to be freshly cleaned. Staff is friendly and even cut me a little break on the rate. I'd definitely recommend it. It deserves more stars than it has... for sure.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank RyanRester
MERIDA, YUC, MEXICO
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I spend one nigth here during a long driving trip just because is very close to I-10, I arrive at 3 am, the lady in the front desk was waiting for me (I called before to avoid the no-show penalty). Then, I received what I call the most professional experience during check-in. She had my keys ready, she wrote the internet access code in the key's envelope and the breakfast hours, she gave me one iced water bottled as a frequent traveler benefit, she already programed the wake up call and just confirm the hour with me and she asked me to dial 0 in case that I need anything else, of course that I did'nt do, in just few minutes she resolved everything I could need. I´m a frequent traveler (about 50 trips per year), I know hundred of hotels, all sizes, brands and categories and I was never have received an efficient check-in like this, of course that at 3 am, this is unvaluable. I feel very sorry becasue I don't remember her name but I hope you will understand

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank xThor
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We booked on their mobile website which didn't make the cancellation policy clear. Hotel is self described as "The art of blending modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting has been perfected at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Quincy, Florida." Don't believe it. It's small, nothing special, in the middle of nowhere unless you want to buy gas next door or visit the Hampton Inn, or maybe walk into the overgrown field beside the building. Otherwise you can walk NO where. You can see no place to eat or shop. Where's this supposed premier location? Impeccable serivce? How about being treated like a college student with no less than 4 times being asked if we do..and told that we can't....smoke or have a pet in the room. Give me some respect - PLEASE! Upon preparing to go to our room, our bike lock was jammed on the bike rack on the car. We finally had to give up and informed them we couldn't stay since a thief would have no trouble cutting the lock cable in the parking lot over night. The parking lot was secluded and desserted other than the 2 cars owned by employees. This didn't seem safe for over $1000 worth of bikes we were unable to bring into the room. The website stated there would be a $25 early departure fee. Apparently not even going into the room means we will be charged full price for not cancelling the day before we booked. This is NOT made clear on the MOBILE website. I have been unable to get the hotel manager to respond to my request for a refund nor will they email me a copy of my invoice. Impeccable service? LOL Don't fall for their flat out lies in their on-line description. Oh....I forgot to mention that I booked at the $85 AAA price and the hotel insisted the AAA price was $95. After departing I was able to pull up the $85 price again and emailed it to myself for proof.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mommabean
Orlando
Reviewed 24 May 2009

This hotel is the perfect settling place for those of you who want to get away a little bit from the Hustle and Bustle, yet want that "Premium service, unforgetable rooms, breath taking breakfast and again Premium Service" I say Premium Service because this hotel REALLY cares about what you think, then they follow up on what you think with changes. Not just the typical" Im sorry" you get from the other hotels. I have stayed at all three hotels on this particular exit, I have stayed at most of the hotels in Tallahassee, I cant believe how far apart this hotel has set itself from the competition. If this hotel was in a Downtown Location, you might even consider it to be the " Hyatt or Doubletree or Hilton" It honestly has no competition, from the moment we walked in, to the moment we walked out, it was all about us for them. ( But that was every guest) New hotel, you can tell they spend the money on the hotel to up keep the hotel, as they just repainted their whole hotel while I was there. Free wireless and hard wired internet, Im telling you, if your looking this hotel up, or trying to consider staying in Quincy or Tallahassee, this has got to be your stop! You wont regret it!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank ibmmanOrlando
Cape Coral, FL
Reviewed 13 January 2009

We stayed here during a drive over Thanksgiving weekend. We needed a stopping point, and we ended up at the Holiday Inn Express. It was right off the interstate and very easy to find. The lobby and rooms were all in excellent condition. They also provided a toothbrush free of charge when I forgot mine! The breakfast in the morning was also excellent.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank todcyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
#16 of 58 in Tallahassee
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Quincy I-10? Share your experiences!