“Arepa-mazing!”
Review of Piketeo Grill

Piketeo Grill
Ranked #44 of 152 Restaurants in Riverview
Reviewed 7 June 2016

If you want authentic latin arepas, look no further than Piketeo. The arepas were fantastic. The meat arepas were savory and flavorful, while the sweet corn and cheese arepa brought my straight back to my childhood. It was divine. We also got the tostones, but I thought they were a little too crispy. The service was quick and the staff was very nice. On a cool evening, this place would be a wonderful spot to chill and enjoy some local eats. Overall, this hidden gem was a winner for us. We’ll be back for sure!

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

I am a frequent customer at this place and I have tried the entire menu. The food has good quality on ingredients and presentation. Service always is good, the guys are friendly and the food does not take too long.

The reason for the title is because we came to that conclusion with a group of friends that live in the area. So it is not biased on my sole perspective.

My favorites are beef empanadas and arepa reina pepiada. Picada is also good and you can share if you are not too hungry!

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

This place is absolutely awesome! Columbian style food. The chorizo stuffed arepas are the BEST! Yucca fries, and Lulo to drink! Holy cow! We have never tried it, Glad we did! A definite hidden gem, food truck in the country! Fun picnic atmosphere! Great views of the sunset and Lake. Keep up the AMAZING JOB!

Reviewed 3 December 2015

Meandering south on US 301 I succumbed to an impulse and stopped in at an attractive Riverview road stand featuring a large Colombian flag. The menu sign was eye-catching and easy to read… featured classic Latino fast food including arepas, tostones, Colombian empanadas, chicharron, salchipapas, yucca fries, chorizos… to pick up for take out or to eat at one of the three large, immaculately clean, on-site picnic tables.

The young man who took my order at the service window was friendly and helpful, service with a smile. I ended up ordering the most expensive item on the menu… “Pikada”, which is basically a sampler of chorizo, arepa, potatoes, sweet plantain, spare ribs, yucca and chicharron… $9.79. The food came quickly; crisp, hot, delicious and attractively garnished with slices of lime. For sure a much better alternative than run-of-the-mill fast food from one of the many established national fast food chains. To drink I ordered Avena which is a beverage I had never before tried… a chilled oatmeal and cinnamon drink which was delicious… $2.99

A really enjoyable roadside experience. As I was leaving one of the staff emerged from the cook stand specifically to ask me if I had enjoyed the meal… friendly, smiling and genuinely interested in my feedback.

Bottom line… if you are cruising along US 301 in Riverview then this is a very good stopping point for Latino fast food… take home or eat on site. Accepts major credit cards including Amex.

Been to Piketeo Grill? Share your experiences!