“Harbor Seafood”
Review of Tiki Waterfront Sea Grill - CLOSED

Tiki Waterfront Sea Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Indiana
“Harbor Seafood”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We visited for dinner looking for fresh seafood. This was a good choice as the fishing boats are just outside the door. Seafood entrees all excellent quality and service. Within our group, we tried 6 separate items with plenty to share. May want to keep in mind that this is open on the water front so all the outdoor experience comes with it. We expected that and our experience was very good.

2 Thank Indiana_Robert

Gizmo72
“Not 'Cordon Bleu' but a really nice place”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I'm a local, and I visit the place once a week, for the excellent trivia contest, which is a great place to spend a Tuesday night. I also occasionally visit on Sundays, and yes, service CAN be slow sometimes, due to the sheer number of people visiting.
As for the food. The Tuna Ponzu is always good, as are the HUGE salads. I have had the Steaks three times, two were excellent, one was 'so so', but I see that it has been removed from the menu.
As for service, I believe that the last reviewer mentioned 'Portia', who is always professional, as is 'Champ', who is a very friendly lady who is fast and diligent when it comes to taking your order. the managers that I see a lot, Brian and Donna, always seem receptive to customers.
If you just want to drink,they have some specials like buckets of beers at really good prices.

As for the building- yes-it's tired, but there is a new one being planned, but don't let it put you off. This building has 'character'.

If you are staying on Singer Island, it's well worth the trip to get over the bridge and check this place out.

2 Thank Gizmo72Gizmo72
Des Plaines, Illinois
“All in all a pretty good place to go.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had been here before, last year, so when i got the chance to spend a week here I brought my wife. The first night we had the Tuna Ponzu, which was delicious, maybe a little expensive but enjoyable.
After a food disaster the next two nights on Singler Island, we were back. My wife had a huge salad that had to be put in a box for later, it was that big! My Fish and Chips were OK.
We had the same server both nights and if you are going there ask for Porschia (?). She was very knowledgeable and helpful. They had buckets of beer, at a reasonable price.

One night we were there, they had a band, which was good, the second they had a solo guy on guitar playing to backing tapes-it was THAT obvious. Didn't enjoy that. My brother is a pro musician in Naperville, Il, and he told me that this is a trend. I had seen a couple of solo musicians on the 'Singer island' last year, an acoustic guitarist and there was another guy playing synthesizers and vocals. Both were excellent, but when I asked where they were, it seems that they had left. Pity.

But back to the Sea Grill. All in all, i would recommend it. It is a bit 'run down' but I was told that they are rebuilding the place totally. I'll be back at Christmas to escape the weather in the Windy City, and I'll definitely be back.

2 Thank Chicagoman8
“Late Friday lunch”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Neat spot on the water across from Peanut Island. The music and atmosphere was great. The server was friendly but not super attentive. Food was OK beer could have been colder. We didn't arrive by boat but watched many struggle getting onto marina due to the wind which we heard is common. Worthwhile if you are in the area

1 Thank reviews-r-4
Syosset, New York
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are at our Marriott time share at Singer Island. It was a beautiful day so we were looking for a new place to eat on the water where we could sit outside. After looking on Trip Advisor we found the Tiki Waterfront Sea Grill. One of the reviewers said it was a little hard to find. They were right. It is located in the back of a Marina.
We loved the atmosphere and the food. Our waitress, Libby, was not only a good waitress, but fun to interact with. Thought the prices were good, but remember we are from New York so they may be considered high for some.
After dinner we walked along the dock and looked the boats. Very relaxing.
All in all it was a nice experience

Visited May 2014