“Great family fun!”

Space Coast Iceplex
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Rockledge
More attraction details
Owner description: The weather outside may be be frightfully hot, but inside the Space Coast IcePlex, it's delightfully cool. Brevard's only ice skating rink, the Iceplex is home ice to award-winning figure skaters and hockey players. Daily public skating, hockey, and private figure skating and hockey lessons are available! Teens enjoy skating with D.J. every Saturday night from 8 to 10 p.m.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a great spot for family fun. Not too pricy and family-friendly. We take our granddaughters there. One is new to ice skates, so we rent the "walker" to help her with balance.
Has a snack bar.

There are newer reviews for Space Coast Iceplex

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'm not sure if the Iceplex has coupons, but if they do, make sure you get one. For our family of 5, this was a pretty expensive night out. However, since our daughters agreed to pay for themselves because they wanted to go really bad, we went. They have walkers that have been fitted with flat blades to be used on the ice. These were perfect for 2 adults with 3 kids. I can skate ok but holding up a wobbling kid is too hard for me.

They have lockers, restrooms and a snack bar. We did not eat there so I can't vouch for that. They asked us to wear our sticker on the outside of our clothing but mine didn't want to stick to my jacket or even my jeans.

My one other nitpicky thing is the open skate is only 2 hours. Although, at that point, I was ready to die, it made us feel we had to get there right at the start to get our moneys worth.

1  Thank fiddlestix36
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This USFS affiliated ice rink's humble exterior houses a wonderful combination of small-town hospitality and a state of the art facility. Though I have not perused the skate shop or investigated the upstairs gym, the staff has gone out of their way to be friendly. The facility is very clean and the ice is extremely well maintained. The snack bar features real soups rather than instant noodles along with a good variety of palitable hot dishes and fairly limited drink selection, and the dining area is roomy and tidy with windows overlooking the ice. There is a reasonable balance between hockey and freestyle sessions, and they have an ice theater performance program as well as learn-to-skate, but not many public skating sessions during times when families or adult skaters working around career schedules can attend.

1  Thank Dunebuggy4
Reviewed 16 March 2013

this is a very nice place for kids of all ages, it includes fun for those that do know how to ice skate and those that don't, for those that don't theres lessons, theres also a game room for those that just what to play and theres also a fitness center

Reviewed 1 February 2013

It was great as ice rinks go (and I've been in plenty) but it seemed like the whole schedule was filled up and there was very little open ice time for free skate. And it was broken up into pieces besides. So I got the impression it was not really built for public enjoyment but built as training space for teams who occasionally let you share it. I was a little disappointed about that, since there aren't many (any?) other rinks around.

3  Thank Phil T