“Good Value for the Money; Nice Location”
Review of Royal Inn

Royal Inn
Spring Branch, Texas
“Good Value for the Money; Nice Location”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed three nights.

Pros: Good location in a nice area with plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. The Royal Inn is a large, sprawling complex with many buildings and a large, attractive and well maintained pool bordering a pretty lake. There’s a Mexican Restaurant, closed but undergoing renovations, and an outdoor bar (also closed), both adjoining the pool and overlooking the lake. With so many rooms, guests were spread out throughout the whole complex so we didn’t have any neighbors next to us. Our room was the smallest and cheapest with 2 double beds. The bathroom, microwave and fridge were in an alcove off the bedroom, and it felt more spacious not having everything jammed into the one room. The building we were in was single room width, so our room had cross ventilation front and back with plenty of light and windows that open. The room itself was clean and adequate, nothing luxurious, but fine for us, and the bed comfortable. Housekeeping did a good job, cleaning, replacing soap, glasses and towels every day.

Cons: Older motel a little down at the heels. Needs some sprucing up and minor repairs outside. Upon walking around, I saw some tiles near the pool area that needed replacement, some stair tread strips that were peeling off, and one outside a/c vent cover that was missing on one of the rooms . Pool area furniture should be replaced for cosmetic reasons. The cheap white plastic chairs and tables detract from the pool’s overall nice appearance. The Tiki Bar next to the pool and overlooking the lake is closed and forlorn looking. Hopefully, they'll renovate it along with the Mexican restaurant next to it, which they're currently working on. Some of the guests were a little 'sketchy', but for the most part, I saw nice people - truckers and families with children. Definite Negatives: No coffeemaker or hairdryer in the room, and no complimentary breakfast. The lobby has complimentary coffee, but I don’t like the inconvenience of leaving my room to get it. Not having a hairdryer is also a big inconvenience. The air conditioner in our room was noisy and sounded like it was on life support, making puffing noises like a ventilator. It didn’t keep us awake, but we did get the feeling we were in ER when we first got into bed.

Note to Management: Invest a few bucks and put a coffeemaker and hairdryer in all the rooms.

Room Tip: I wouldn't book a room in the building that fronts Southern Blvd, which is a busy road, for the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Ok. I'll admit I'm a hotel snob. I've never stayed at a motel quite like this, a prostitution sting occurred on the same night I was there - who needs TV when real life is better? I was in town for a funeral and there were no other hotels as conveniently located to the church and cemetery. Me and my roommate survived, we got a good night sleep and did not see any bed bugs. In fact, when I checked between the mattress and box spring, I was surprised that the bed look pretty new. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke and my Mercedes had not been stolen. The truck drivers were also very nice. And the price was only $55 a night. Tip - bring your own shampoo, the rooms don't have those little bottles. So all in all, I give it a thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sonya M
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Got the room for my family. They were very happy and sent several pictures. Pool was good and there were lots of places to eat nearby. Appears to have been redone fairly recently. This would be a good place to stay in the area

• Stayed July 2013
York
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on and off for 5 years now without any problems. We generally stay in a suite which are spacious and quite plesent - especially with a view of the lake. The staff have always been really friendly and helpful, I have never seen any problems with bugs and the rooms are clean enough. Last week I spent two weeks in a normal room and was happy to find a fridge and a microwave as you don't normally get them in basic hotels. The pool is rather large, with plenty of deck chairs and loungers - however it is a bit dated.

There are plenty of amenities in the area, all within walking distance.

Overall, an enjoyable place to stay and I wont be thinking twice about staying there again next year.

Room Tip: Suites with a lake view are the best - its quite quiet with a balcony with chairs to sit and relax.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Spent a week in this hotel while preaching a revival in Western Palm Beach County (Pahokee). Everything was outstanding from service to size to the wonderful pond just out my back door. The bed caused me to sleep late every day. The full size refrigerator and large coffee pot were the best. Only thing missing - stove, but the microwave worked just fine. Oh, and the real dishes were also a nice touch. This is my place of choice for that area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I booked this room as it seems like a good value, a suite was about $80 per night and was a nice large room, with full kitchen, dining table, sitting area, and what I loved was there was a back terrace with a very pretty water view. After being there no more than 2 hours my 12 month old daughter who still crawls had black hands an knees from crawling on the floor in this room. ( ok so I could maybe forgive that I'm sure they don't steam clean the carpets regularly, and it's only a little dirt it won't kill us).

The killer was in the middle of the night I woke up to use the restroom, came back layed down and just before I drifted off to sleep a bed bug crawled in front of my nose on the sheet, I then proceeded to pull back the covers and within the next hour I collected 8 bedbugs in a ziplock bag. I was totally grossed out and will most likely not stay here again!

I do want to say that when I went to the front desk in the Morning they did apologize and promptly refunded my money for my complete stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Skspitler

Travellers are raving about these Royal Palm Beach hotels

New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Having stayed here once before, we gave the Royal Inn a try without reservation. The last stay was quiet but probably due to the low occupancy at the time. This time, the hotel was packed. We showed up late, around 10p. Night staff was courteous and we went to our room only to find it wasn't what we reserved. It was a suite but with only 1 bed. A call to the front desk and we were put into another room with the right number of beds. Don't count on the pull out couch as a sleeping option as the mattress for it is very thin and worn. The room was clean but we did find a roach (quite large) in our shower on day 2. Having lived in Florida all these, you get used to seeing these from time to time.

The main problem I had was the tendency of guest to hang out in the parking lot at night, drinking and yelling and cussing. This went on for some time each night, On the second night, I ended up calling the front desk and they sent their security guard around and the noise stopped a short time afterwards.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for a family , this probably isn't the place for you. If you're traveling alone and have to stay in Royal Palm then this place will probably work, just keep in mind that your fellow guest may be in more of a party mood than you and if you're trying to get some sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Blazer777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royal Palm Beach
La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - Florida Turnpike
La Quinta Inn West Palm Beach - ...
#23 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Flor...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Wellington
Hampton Inn West Palm Beach-Lake Worth-Turnpike
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#30 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!