“Don't let the outside fool ya!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ybor Grille

Ybor Grille
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Ruskin
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Don't let the outside fool ya!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband has frequented this place for black beans and rice several times while in the area. We took the family there last night and it was great. As with one of the previous reviewers, there were not many people in the restaurant but we were seated to the back. True it was not the best atmosphere but it did not distract from the food. I have ordered to-go food before and the place was packed with standing room only. Sometimes I heard a wait of 30 mins on the week-end. We tried all the soups and the navy bean soup (Caldo Gallego) was the best with chunks of ham and chorizo. The Taste of Ybor was my favorite with a little of Picadillo, Ropa Vieja (old clothes), and roast pork. The roast pork was a little bland compared to all the wonderful spices of the other 2 dishes. I ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes and yes as the other reviewer says it was chunky but that's how my mom makes them for Thanksgiving and they were flavorful! The Flan and Bread Pudding were to die for. We ordered 2 pieces and shared it - i wish i would have had my own! Our server, Jesenia was very sweet and nice and on top of things. We got our meal so fast and the girls, 13 and 15 loved it! Take your family and enjoy a different kind of food. There is something for everyone here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Julie R

San Diego, California
“cuban/spanish small restaurant”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

their soups are good as is their sangria and mains. they are very friendly and service was great. it was the closest good restaurant to our hotel the harborside suites in ruskin

Visited March 2014
London
“Outdated decor, bad food and a disappointment”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited the Ybor Grille on the last night of our holiday after very strong recommendations and excellent reviews on this site. We were incredibly disappointed. Once we entered the restaurant it looked pleasant enough and full of empty tables that we could have sat in, however we we're taken straight to the back, a soulless room, full of dull woodent panelling and awful ceiling tiles it looked like it hadn't been decorated since the 60's. We decided to stick around seeing the food was meant to be amazing. We ordered some sangria, which was so watered down it was more like fruit juice. My husband ordered some pulled pork and I had a seafood pasta, we also ordered a side of garlic mash potato. Now I've been to Cuba and eaten in many Cuban restaurants over the years and the food here was by far the worst. My husbands pork was so salty he barely managed half, the mash was full of lumps, my seafood pasta was ok but didn't work with spaghetti and another pasta would have been better. On a good note the staff were nice enough and service was quick but for the last night of our holiday we were disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
“Love their food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I always go there to get take-out. Their food is very good. The people are friendly and very helpful. I only ate in once and it was an okay experience. The owners are great people.

• Visited February 2014
Greenwood, Indiana
“Unique & Great Little Restaurant Near Sun City Center”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were visiting friends who live in Sun City Center.
Having mentioned that we love crab cakes, they said they would take us to a place that had outstanding deviled crab cakes. We both ordered a deviled crab appetizer ($3.95). My wife ordered a bowl of chili while I opted for a cup of Caldo Galligo - a soup made with potatoes, sliced sausage, and kale.
While we waited for our lunch, they brought a wonderful bread loaf which was relatively flat (so more crust for each bite!) and some fabulous spread made with butter, chopped olives, and spices. Wow! It was incredibly good.
The crab "cakes" were the size of a baked potato and were indeed among the best I've ever had (including in the Chesapeake Bay & New England). The server brought a spicy seafood sauce at my request but my wife preferred the crab cake by itself. The outside was a super crispy crust while the inside was succulent deviled crab, seasoned perfectly!
The chili was tasty but the Caldo Gallego was "out-of-this-world" good!
Our friends had a Cuban sandwich from which I ate a small end. While it was very good, I would not put it at the top of my list - personal preference.
When (not if) we return, I will reprise my selection - crab cake and Caldo Gallego - although I may get a bowl of the soup!
Highly recommend this place if you in Sun City Center or nearby.
Heck I'd drive up from Sarasota or Venice for these crab cakes!

• Visited February 2014

Been to Ybor Grille? Share your experiences!