“Quietly Delicious”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Off the beaten path but worth the trip. We went for twofers (2/$40) that include a bottle of wine. The selections were great (filet mignon, lamb, salmon, pasta) and the food even better. The dining room is average but it provides a quiet atmosphere for conversation. We return regularly...because the chef is talented and the price is an amazing bonus!

3  Thank EllenK241

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our group of 24 made reservations well in advance and, yet, only one lonely server was assigned to take orders and serve all our food and drink. When warm rolls arrived, we had to ask for plates for them. There was insufficient butter and the requested extras never came. Some folks had to ask for napkins and silverware. We arrived at 5 p.m. and the last dinner was not served until 6:45. One fellow's dinner came with 2 glasses of wine which he had to ask for and which was delivered - both glasses at once - at the end of his meal. The vegetables were frozen and rubbery. The garlic mashed potatoes were cold. The country-fried steak was old, very overdone with inedibly crusty edges and a very salty white sauce which had the consistency of thick pudding. While some folks enjoyed their meals, most did not and all were unhappy with the poorly managed service. It was NOT the server's fault - it was the fault of management. I can over-cook and poorly-serve food in my own home, I certainly don't need to go out and pay $25 for someone else to do it for me! And I surely don't need to go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were surprised to hear this place existed under our noses and we had never been before. Heard mixed reviews but gave it a try and we're glad we did. The atmosphere was pleasant, the menu had many choices and all four in our party were happy with our meal. We chose the Two For dinners including salad or soup, entree, dessert and a bottle of wine. In particular, a Veal Shank dinner was superb! Our server was exceptional and we hope to go back again soon.

3  Thank RoLoHa
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This restaurant is located on the lovely grounds of the Cypress Creek Golf Club, right off I-75, in the Sun City Center/Ruskin/Apollo Beach area. We joined another couple there for dinner last night and had a truly wonderful experience. The cordial wait staff greeted us with the menu, which included a great deal -- two meals plus a bottle of wine for $39. The waitress immediately brought us our bottles of red and white wine along with some rolls and excellent salads. Among us we ordered steak and salmon, which came with large baked potatoes and I must say the best carrots we've ever tasted. We finished the meal with a choice of very nice desserts. We will certainly be returning, and I would encourage anyone living in the area or passing through to give this restaurant a try.

1  Thank LadyBoilermaker
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My wife and I have played this terrific course a number of times but never been tempted to eat in their restaurant.
We made what we now realise was an ill-informed judgement that the food in the restaurant might not be very interesting/appetising.
What hooked us in to try it was a terrific deal of $39.99 for three courses including a bottle of wine.
Again we were slightly circumspect but all these worries were instantly removed once we started our meal which was superb.
The steak my wife had melted in her mouth and the shrimp/crabmeat entree I had was mouth watering.
The service was good and the wine reasonable but as it was part of a great deal it was palatable!!
We'll definitely go again as this was a really good experience.
It only goes to show that you can't always tell a book by it's cover!

2  Thank Greatblackhawk