“Inconsiderate, inflexible staff”

Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ruskin
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here one night during my recent trip to Tampa.
Make sure you understand that this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. The hotel area is nice as it is a harbor area. The room was nice, nothing fancy about it. I didn't think the bed was even a Queen size. The carpet is definitely very dirty. What gave me a sour taste in my mouth was that when I asked for 1 hour extension for check-out (my wife was not feeling well) the hotel staff flat out refused to accommodate us when the hotel was probably not even half full (I could tell since the guest parking lot was almost empty.)

Overall, nice quiet hotel in the middle of nowhere with staff who has zero customer service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RockstarAtlanta
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that our staff was unable to accommodate your request for a late check out on your departure date. In the future, please feel free to utilize any of our resort's amenities on your departure date, even after you check out of your room. This includes our private beach access, three pools, and either of the two restaurants on property. We also have bathrooms and shower facilities available for you to refresh before heading down the road!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I went to visit friends in Ruskin and stayed at this so called "resort". Our room was filthy, floors, counter tops everything was dirty. We scrubbed the floors after leaving a note for housekeeping and they never did it. Bought Clorox wipes to clean counters and refrigerator handle. Toilet kept running and we had to take the lid off the tank to fix it numerous times. I called front desk the first day to complain and they just apologized. We asked to be moved and they said no other rooms were available. The bed was hard as a rock and our sheets were never changed the entire stay, unfortunately we were there for 8 days. This place was horrible. When we complained upon checkout they just apologized and refunded only one nights stay. My bill came to $2056.00. For that price we should have had a clean room with excellent service. I asked to speak to the manager, her name is Nancy, and she was not in yet they said. I waited until after 9:00 am. I left a voicemail for Nancy on Friday, February 28th, and she still has not returned my call. Extremely poor customer service and accommodations. My advice, STAY AWAY! We spent Friday night at the Westin, by Tampa airport, and it was only $170.00. Exceptional room, very clean and excellent customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sherry228

Thank you for choosing our resort and taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues that you encountered during your stay. I wish that I was aware of these issues during your stay so that we could have addressed them while you were on our resort. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper so that these issues can be addressed immediately. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to provide any further feedback on your stay that you may have. Hopefully you will be able to visit our resort again and enjoy a much more pleasant experience.

Warm Regards,

Jonathan,
813-922-6000

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a truly beautiful resort, with outstanding facilities and great service. We stayed in a lovely three bedroom suite with all the best features. From king beds and robes to granite countertops and heated pools, this is a luxury resort. Only negative is the location, which is somewhat isolated. But if you like manatees, come in the winter for a great manatee experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank doug233
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. It's nice hearing that you enjoyed your three bedroom suite accommodations at our luxury resort. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay, despite not being fond of our quiet and remote location along the beaches of Tampa Bay. We hope to see you again next winter for another great manatee experience!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and we are already planning a return trip. We stayed in the Harborside Suites and the accommodations were deluxe, incl. a fully stocked kitchen, his and her terry robes, a full sized dining room, and a balcony overlooking the Bay. We could open the windows and the sliding glass doors as they all had screens and enjoy the calming bay breezes. The pool was heated and the hot tub was HOT! And the gym was state of the art. Everything was pristine, freshly painted with lush landscaping. I felt like I was in a high end hotel. But the best part was the quiet and the calm; the nearest highway was miles away. I took a nature walk around the end of the spit of land and it was wonderful, pine groves and white beaches. Sailboats glided out into the sparkling waters of the Bay. Perfect! The staff were exceptional. This hotel should not be missed. We loved this place and plan to return soon.

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the Bay or the estuary.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jody K
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review. It is nice to hear the you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy a relaxing vacation on the white sand beaches of our secluded resort. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary week here, and found it very comfortable. We had a one bedroom suite, they call it a hotel, but it is set up more like a condo rental, where you get start up soaps and toiletries, and responsible for your own housekeeping and linens. We had a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, combination sitting area and dining area with a flat screen TV, separate bedroom and bathroom with a large walkin shower, the bedroom also had a second TV, a safe, cable, free Wi-Fi, and tastefully decorated. The area felt safe, I went for afternoon walks alone and never felt uncomfortable. The property backs up to the harbor, that has a lot of docked sail boats and yachts, ans is full of manatees, if you take the time to look for them. The gym was among the best I have experienced when away from home, it felt more like our local home gym, and was fully stocked with working equipment. Machine weights, free weights, clean towels, water and TV's. We did not used the pool or hot tubs, but they looked very nice. The staff was super friendle, and always greeted us, and asked if we needed help. The beach area is private and nice, and chairs and umbrellas are provided free of charge for guests. Ruskin is a sleepy little down, not much to do

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen G
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm glad that you were pleasantly surprised with our condo-style Harborside Suites. According to the contract with the third party wholesaler which you booked through, housekeeping services are not included. I apologize if this was not properly communicated to you prior to your arrival. If you choose to stay with us again in the future, all reservations booked directly through the hotel include housekeeping services. Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again on future anniversary trips!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

perfect place to unwind,watch sunset,play golf, staff war wonderful,tiki bar was great.Rooms were good sized and clean. the hotel is a little out of the way so if you are looking for alot of shopping or nightlife you have to go into Tampa. Overall gust a great party weekend

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 9fredv

Thank you for taking the time to review the Harborside Suites. I am glad that we were able to provide you had such a pleasant weekend getaway. Please come visit again soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I thought I`d already reviewed this but maybe not:)My husband and I took our Grandson there for a week-it was definatly very fullfilling!!!The condo was totally stocked even to the washer and dryer.The staff was primo to every need!!The pool was the first salt water pool I`d ever been in and totally enjoyed it!!It is 4 ft. on the edges and goes to 6 ft. in the middle-no chlorine to smell:)We faced the marina and oversaw the Ocean and could actually see St.Petersburg from our condo!!!They have just everything you could want as an inclusive-private beach-pool-jaccuzzi-courts-Tiki Bar-be careful the language got pretty spicey from the band:)Little ears-nono!!We loved the fact the car was totally protected from the sun-so no worries on getting into a heated car!!I sprained my foot on the 3rd day-drat!!!So that shut down our plans on going deep sea fishing-they are called Anna-Banna I`d highly reccommend them-as stated we didn`t get to go-but the Father -son team were very impressive as people in general and bottom line if we ever go back we shall have our exchursion!!The food was good My hubby and I git a little metal detecting on the private beach-only a few hours-as of my sprain:(we didn`t find any lagoons but we did find change that`s fun to us!!I would have no qualms about taking anyone to this resort!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to be no lower than the 3rd floor in condos and request a waterview!!!!I was double grateful...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank USALOVETOTRAVEL2
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our pools, private beach access, and magnificent views. We look forward to seeing you again soon for some deep sea fishing!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruskin
Comfort Inn
Avalon Hotel
#1 of 43 in St. Petersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
The Inn at Little Harbor

Been to Harborside Suites at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!