I have stayed at this resort before but this was the first time I stayed in the "older" section and I must say it was not a good feeling. When I first opened the door to room 105 the smell of mildew and dampness was very strong. Next I could hear something running and it was the toilet. The toilet would run off and on during my entire stay of two nights which was annoying.
The air-conditioner was very loud and didn't blow very cold air. I had a feeling the filter needed cleaning. The room was cute with a "vintage" TV set with very poor quality channels.
The closet door, once opened I couldn't get it to shut because of the rusty track on the bottom (see photo below) The closet was a serious joke!
Next I noticed a "peep" hole in the curtain (see photo below) which made me very uncomfortable. And the lampshade had a water stain. The bed side lampshade a brown light-bulb burn marks which made me afraid to use that lamp in fear of starting a fire.
I will say the bed was comfortable.
I was so happy to see cream and an assortment of sweeteners for my coffee but after I made the coffee there was nothing around to stir it with so lucky I had a toothbrush to stir my coffee!
To be honest I would never stay in this room again but would consider to try another room. I spoke with another guest at check-out that told me how disappointed she was too with this section of the resort as it seems we both were placed into this area because she too had stayed in the newer section in the past.
The service at Hooks was terrible, but that is another review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your Caribbean-style island resort on the South Shore of Tampa Bay - The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. This unique resort and residential village provides a harmonious blend of Anglo-Caribbean architecture, lush tropical landscaping, island style hospitality and the natural wonders of a waterfront resort.Conveniently secluded between Tampa and Sarasota, The Resort & Club at Little Harbor is a full-service, AAA Travel Guide, three-diamond, resort hotel and conference center situated on 124 acres, completely surrounded by the tranquil waters of our harbors, marinas and Tampa Bay. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we have an option for you at The Resort & Club at Little Harbor. Relax and enjoy our half mile stretch of secluded, white sandy beach. Take a dip in one of three heated pools and two Jacuzzi. Feeling competitive? Shoot hoops, play beach volleyball or play tennis on one of our five tennis courts. The entire family will enjoy themselves on our 250 foot fishing pier shuffleboard court horseshoe field or in our two fitness centers or enjoy our watersports including kayaks, jetskis, hydro bikes or paddleboards.Boaters arrive in paradise with deep-water access, 330 wet-slips, 220 high and dry slips, on-site fuel dock, bait and tackle store, fully stocked ship’s store, and boat trailer parking with near-by flats and deep sea fishing.Dine at one of two waterfront restaurants, The Sunset Grill or Sunset lounge and our beach-side Tiki Bar. Choose from a selection of steaks, sumptuous seafood, stacked sandwiches open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with live entertainment outside on Friday Through Sunday evenings.The Resort & Club at Little Harbor offers a vast array of guest room accommodations perfect for individuals, couples, families and groups desiring a resort destination. Guest accommodations include our standard, deluxe and Junior Suites along with our brand new studio, one, two and three bedroom suites and town homes, all offering breathtaking water views of Tampa Bay or our marinas, harbor and nature preserves.All guest rooms have been completely renovated to provide you with the necessary conveniences to ensure your comfort. An iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave and mini refrigerator are standard items in every room. A spacious work desk area with ample lighting, direct dial telephones, free high-speed internet access, 32" flat screen color cable television with free premium channels. Individual climate control air conditioning and heating, private bathrooms with granite counter tops and private balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Little Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Resort And Club At Little Harbor
- The Resort & Club At Little Harbor Hotel Ruskin
- Hotel At Little Harbor
- Resort At Little Harbor
- Resort Club Little Harbor
- The Inn At Little Harbor Ruskin, Florida