“Awesome place for rest and relaxation!!!!!”

The Inn at Little Harbor
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ruskin
Indpls,IN
“Awesome place for rest and relaxation!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2009

We stayed in November and to be quite honest, at first I was disappointed but quickly saw the the benefits of it being off the beaten path!!! Our room was at the very end of the marina and on the 3rd floor. We were able to watch "Manny" the manatee every morning when we woke up! Then the days were spent walking the property and lounging on the beach. The staff for the beach was awesome!! Your water glasses never went unfilled and you were offered towels and anything else you may need while relaxing! We were able to watch dolphins swim by a few times and my husband and daughter and grandson were able to take in an hour of jet skiing too!! The property is absolutely beautiful. We were able to take our daughter's senior pictures while we were there as well.
If you are looking for hoopla and excitement this is not the place for you but if you are looking for rest and relaxation this is it!!!! I would return there in a heart beat for a trip away with my husband or by myself but not for a family vacation. My family is much too active to be content there. The veranda area is absolutely gorgeous too! We grilled our dinner out there and then we even sat out one or two evenings by the fireplace! I can't speak highly enough of the front desk staff for their friendliness availability, and being informative. Thank you for a relaxing and restful stay!!!

The Roberts Family

• Liked — quiet and relaxing
  • Disliked — too far from town and anything major to do
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
dallas
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Little Harbor is a fantastic place to stay. It is located right on Tampa Bay in a secluded and peaceful location. It is a great place for all ages. I attended a wedding at Little Harbor and it could not have been prettier. The staff is delightful and helps to make your stay very enjoyable. The resort is beautiful and it is located directly on Tampa Bay, with a private beach and water crafts to rent. I would recommend Little Harbor to anyone. It is a great place to get away for the weekend, bring your family for a reunion, go to a wedding, or just dine and enjoy the sunset.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I made reservations to stay at this property for July 2- July 5th, but only lasted one night there. I traveled with my husband and our 6 year old. (We are in our early to mid 30's). The resort is 35-45 minutes away from Tampa airport. It is located in a very small town that needs a major make over. I did like the grocery store nearby (I think it was called Sweetbay) and there is a McDonald about 10 minutes driving distance from the property. The check in process was pretty smooth, the front clerk (Alberto) gave us vouchers for free drinks at he Tiki bar and a kayak voucher (This is for all guests there). We paid about $116 a night total with tax included. Not bad considering they tried to charge us over $150 per night because of the holiday. However, we checked out the next day with no questions asked (They probably already knew the reason). The manager didn't charge us for the rest of the nights that we had booked (Thank goodness!).

Pro: The view was nice. There is a on site private beach for the guest and for the condo owners. (The condos were the first buildings you see when you drive towards the Motel. (I refer to this place as a motel for a reason- I will elaborate in the CONS section). It is better to stay in the condos I think. We saw a couple of dolphins leaping up out of the water when we were on the beach. That was amazing and was the highlight of our stay there. It was the first time ever we were able to see dolphins in their natural habitat. The restaurant and the staff there were wonderful. You can tell they enjoy what they do. The food and the presentation was great. They must pay the chef well. I especially loved the pancakes (made from scratch!). That's two things I missed about the place- the food and the dolphins. The room was equipped with a refridgerator and a clean microwave.

Cons: The moment we walked up the stairs to get to our room; I felt sick to my stomach. I knew that this was not going to be good. The building looked old and the hallway to get to our room was dark and tight. (The carpet looked dingy). I opened the room door and knew I felt uneasy about the place and started apologizing to my family for making such a bad decison this time (I am the one in the family usually planning the vacations). The room was decorated as a japanese style bedding which is in need of new ones. The room had a 'musky' odor to it (I kept sneezing). It also had a free standing very loud air conditioning (I didn't think hotel still have those). The bathroom was very very small (but it had granite sink). I felt dirty the whole time there. The beach was nice, however there was alot of seaweed (lots!) and sea shells galore. The sand & water was not pretty at all. (Better sand in Clearwater--much better). The pool also was tiny and old. It rained one night and the downstairs area leading to the front desk and the area where the ice machine/pool is located was flooded! Not a good sign.

This place is truly located in no where land. If you want a place to get away and do nothing but lay on the beach all day then this place is for you. (Warning- come prepared because there is no gift shop or anything like that on site. You'll have to drive somewhere to get it).

We checked out the next morning and drove to the Grand Hyatt near Tampa airport and paid the around the same price for a room. The Grand Hyatt is worth another review to be discussed. All I can say is that we LOVED the Grand Hyatt! That HOTEL saved our vacation! I am not staying at little harbor again. Not worth paying a hotel rate for a 'motel' room.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Our room and the pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank BlueH2O
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2008

When our reservations at another beach resort were mixed up, a townhouse at Little Harbor was substituted. We couldn't have been more pleased. Our condo was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The resort has a private beach, which although small, was very nice. (Umbrellas and chaise lounges were complimentary.) Daily maid service and replacement of the soaps, lotion, shampoo, etc. was a plus that most condos don't have. There is a very nice restaurant on site with excellent meals and a tiki bar with a nice band (not too loud) on the weekends. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching boats and birds go by. Only drawback was that the resort is a good drive from both Tampa and St. Petersburg, where there is stuff to do. Probably not great for kids (great for really little ones) or teenagers, but was calm and relaxing for us. Already dreaming of my next trip back!

1 Thank baseballlady
Midwest
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Little Harbor is a developers dream on ex-indian reservation land. You get to see some really dumpy properties on the way in. It was meant to be just retirement condos and such then they decided to add a little hotel to let people stay while they were trying to sell them. You can rent the unsold condos too.
The rooms are very nice..some are bit more cramped than others but they do have little kitchens with dishwasher and tiny fridges even in the smallest ones.
If you just want to look at the ocean and nap it is a great place.
The bar closes at like 9pm and everyone goes to bed.
If you want to go to town to eat or go out...be careful. There are few places to eat or even places you would want to go into. The bars looked scary and from the ramshackle look of the town..this is a very poor area.
Maybe because I come from an area where even the poorest properties look neat and clean I see things this way. I have noticed that some of my southern cousins are ...well...unkempt.
You really need to drive into Tampa to eat, shop or go out.
Honestly, the place is great for retired people who don't do anything or maybe honeymooners who never leave their room or want to lay on the beach. It would be good for a family reunion too.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Valerie17
Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2008

Overall the place was fantastic. I was with my wife & 2 year old son. We stayed in a 1-bedroom "condo" that was incredible. It was at least 1100 sq ft and had a gorgeous view of the marina and bay. It had granite countertops, new furniture, a great balcony and full kitchen. They even gave us a crib & hi-chair for no additional cost.

There was a pool loctaed right below us as well as two more closer to the office. The bigger pool by the office has a slippery deck, be careful, my son had quite a fall. The beach is small but perfect for what we needed, a place to play in the sand.

The restaurant was very good but a little pricey for every meal.

The staff was very nice & courteous, especially Tiffany, she was a blessing. She helped arrange the crib, hi-chair and about a zillion other questions we had.

The only reason I did not give this 5 stars was the location. Ruskin is a dinky town. There is a Wal Mart about 10 miles away but for the most part there are a lot of Ma& Pop type operations in town. We ate at several of them restaurants in town and they were good but for turisty type shopping, you need to head to St. Pete Beach which is about 30 minutes.

We have already decided to go back down there in 3-5 years once the resort is bigger and Ruskin grows a little more.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Newbass
long island, new york
Reviewed 7 June 2008

We stayed at this resort late April/2008. When we arrived, the desk clerk checked her files & then had to contact housekeeping. She was told the room wouldn't be ready for 45mins to an hour.(We booked this at least 2mos+ in advance). I asked the girl what we were to do in the meantime.(It's at least 1/2 hour from anything). She replied "go take a swim". We went & had dinner. When we got to the room, housekeeping obviously did nothing. The kitchen counters were filthy, the table had food stuck to it. The manager came to the room at least & tried to soothe things over with a free breakfast. The initial check-in was such a bad experience, I couldn't wait to get out of there. In their defense, the staff at the restaurants were very friendly & gracious.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — checking in
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank sonnee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruskin
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
#75 of 163 in Tampa
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,465 reviews
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Been to The Inn at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!