“Great place to have lunch”
Review of Local Hero's Cafe - CLOSED

Local Hero's Cafe
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Local hero's cafe is a great place to have diner on St-George street in Saint-Augustine. I loved thé philly steak. The one négative point i could say is that they are a little short on inside seatings.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went to Local Heroes on a beatiful Sunday afternoon just to have a few snacks for ourselves and the kids!
The waitress was rude and arrogant , only became slightly more friendly when it was time to pay, it was sooo unpleasant!
She pulled the drink out of my sons' hands when he said he had not ordered two drinks!
Burgers were cold and salad was old!
Tried to call them after cause we left something behind and there was no answer for the whole evening( it has never happened before !!)!
Never again, waste of time and money!!

1  Thank Katjagjouini
Reviewed 10 February 2014

While walking we read the menu outside and it said for Saturday night and it had a Steak Special. We went in, ordered a drink and then told them we wanted the Steak Special. We were told they no longer do the specials, or half the menu actually as it was blacked out. We should have left, but we were there and decided to make the best of it. I saw they had a black bean burger but with a Harbernaro Lime sauce. I asked if that could not be put on it as I could NOT eat anything spicy. Our waiter said yes. I had already had a problem with this at another restaurant in St. Augustine where the waitress lied to me about something being spicy. I got the burger and took one bite and could not eat it because it was spicy. He never returned to the table to see if everything was okay, my wonderful husband shared his Philly Cheese Steak sandwich with me. He actually tried the Black Bean Burger and took one bite and said it was disgusting. When our waiter finally came to the table, we were fed up. He did not take off the burger, but gave me my glass of wine off of the tab. ????? Which I would have read other reviews about this place. Will never go here again!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Didnt try the drinks and the music was ok for older generation. food was nasty and what bar doesn't have chicken wings! Wasn't much of a food selection burgers and sandwiches.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stopped by on our way back to our motel, from a day sightseeing. We should have suspected something - there was nobody there at 5:30pm but for a couple of barflies. The menu posted out on the street looked okay for a casual and light dinner. We sat down, had some wine and looked over the menu. Many items had been crossed out - no longer available. We found a sandwich which looked okay, but the waitress told us that french fries were no longer available. Too bad - the weather was mild and they had nice outdoor seating, but I can get better food from our 'fridge than here. We finished our wine and left.