“Very charming stay”

The Ancient City Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
The Ancient City Inn
Ranked #28 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for five nights and had a lovely time! The owners are incredibly friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was right outside our door every morning and a great way to start the day. We never had to pay for parking downtown because it was only a five minute walk. Our room was cozy, comfy, homey, and an extremely good price. This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast, and we will definitely pick Ancient City Inn on our next trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alyssa H
There are newer reviews for The Ancient City Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Cozy inn, very comfortable, and the owners are incredibly friendly. Throughly enjoyed my stay here. I will say that the walls are a little thin between the upstairs rooms, but the charm of the house more than makes up for the sound-proofing.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I had looked at several B&B on line before I decided on this one, and I'm so glad I did! This was a wonderful place! The Innkeepers William & Carrie were just the nicest people, from the beginning they make you feel warm & welcomed. The Inn is pet friendly, they charge a very small fee for your pet, unlike some places that were $35 & up per night. The room ( Martha Lee) was very clean & cozy with a nice little kitchen. Every morning your breakfast basket is delivered along with a great pot of coffee, we are not into a big breakfast so this was perfect for us. They even had treats for our dog( but not in the basket!). The Inn is at a great location, you can walk to just about everything. I was surprised how quite the room was, we never heard anyone else, it was like having the whole place to yourself! Since we were there on the 30th & Halloween, I decided to have a reading by Carrie. It was one of the best readings I had ever had, she reveled a lot of information without asking a lot of questions or being "general" , I was truly amazed! We really enjoyed our stay here and next time we're in St. Augustine we WILL be staying here!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for a weekend for my birthday. I had found this B&B online and after reading about it, the innkeepers and the resident ghosts, I knew this was what I wanted for my birthday.

The inn itself was very comfortable. Will was very charming and sweet as could be. We never got to meet Carri, but I'm sure she was just as lovely as he was. On our last day, we also got to meet their 3 dachshunds and they were very cute and sweet. We stayed in Martha Lee's room. The bed has to be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on outside of my own. The bathroom was small, but was still just fine...might I add here that the water pressure was perfect in the shower...so this was a bonus. The kitchenette was also a nice addition. For breakfast each morning was a basket of goodies and fresh coffee. Breakfast included delicious muffins, yogurt, fruit and juice. It was perfect for us.

Now, if you are looking for a place that is near the sights of downtown St. Augustine, then this is the place for you. We were able to walk everywhere during the day and night. So you can save your money for souvenirs an tours instead of having to pay for parking. That was definitely a highlight.

OK, paranormal wise...we could definitely feel the presence of Martha Lee in the room...it was a loving and calming feeling. She tucked us in to bed each night. I did hear footsteps here and there, but could not tell if that was from the people in the neighboring room or her walking around. Either way, she did nothing to make us feel uncomfortable. I don't think she was crazy about me being on the laptop though. My battery still had plenty of life on it as I typed away on a social network site, then it all of a sudden turned off. I plugged it in and turned it back on and sure enough, the battery showed at zero percent. Hubby joked that she drained the battery to get me off of it. I told her nicely that I needed to finish up something then I would be off of it. Nothing else happened after that. The last night before going to sleep, hubby felt a small amount of pressure on his side, then his back but never saw anything. He wondered if maybe that was Toby coming to bed with us.

We will definitely stay here again. I've stayed at others in the area, but none felt as nice and homey as Ancient City B&B. Thank you Will and Carri (and Martha Lee) for the perfect birthday getaway!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vanessa A
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you are looking for some fancy pants place with all the frills, this isn't for you. BUT, if you are looking for comfortable, friendly, warm, and homey with old world charm, this is your place. We stay there every time we go to St Augustine and that is usually a couple of times a month. Wil and Carrie are sweethearts and will do anything to make your stay wonderful. It is also just a stones thow from old down town, yet not right in the middle of things that make it noisy. Its peaceful and homey, and we just love it. Thank you wil and Carry for the wonderful time every time we visit. Hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marion M
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed in this quaint and wonderful inn in the heart of St. Augustine. The location is fabulous, within walking distance to St. Augustine's attractions which is a real plus as parking in the city is at a premium. William, the Innkeeper, was wonderful. He brought a simple light breakfast in a darling basket to our room each morning with a carafe of fresh hot coffee (which my husband said was excellent). The room was older but appointed quite nicely. The small kitchenette was perfect as it gave us some place to keep cold drinks in the sweltering Florida weather. The AC was perfect and we appreciated the ceiling fan. The bed was THE most comfortable ever. And being paranormal investigators, we enjoyed the possible ghostly activity that we encountered. We've stayed at premier inns and all in all we'd rather go back to the Ancient City Inn any day!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhasmaParanormal
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We loved our stay at the Ancient City Inn, the room we stayed in was very nice, quiet and quite comfortable, especially the bed. The continental breakfast was simple but prompt and waiting for us on the private balcony every morning. Will was wonderful, we didn't get a chance to meet Carrie but Will was very friendly, thoughtful and full of information. The only complaint I had was the shower, the water pressure needed improvement and it took quite a while to get hot but that was a minor irritation. Will was very receptive regarding the shower and suggested it was a silt issue and needed cleaning. We would go back to the Ancient City Inn in a heartbeat and would highly recommend this delightful, haunted inn in the heart of it all.

• Stayed: May 2013