“fun and relaxing trip”
Review of Schooner Freedom

Schooner Freedom
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our family invites you to enjoy the historic seaport of Saint Augustine, Florida on board the 76 foot tall ship Schooner Freedom. Hoist a sail, look for wildlife, and enjoy the beauty of our tranquil waters. Setting sail daily for Day Sails, Sunset Sails, Twilight Sails, and Full Moon Sails. Call for departure times and schedule.We are available for private chartersWeddings - Bereavements - Groups EventsAnniversaries - Corporate Outings - School Trips
Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“fun and relaxing trip”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went with my mom on the sunset sail. It was amazing. The crew was fantastic and helpful, the views were incredible. It was definitely a great experience.

Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sailing Experience!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We sailed on the Schooner Freedom on July 4th weekend 2014. It was the undisputed highlight of our St. Augustine visit. The ship is outstanding, but it is the crew that makes the experience special. Captain John and crew were gracious host and did their best to make the trip memorable. As we departed the marina, my two teenage boys helped the crew raise the sails as the engine was turned off. For a history enthusiast, there is nothing like cruising along the coast of a city born during the golden age of sail. On your voyage, you may encounter dolphins, manatees, sea turtles and numerous sea birds that call the Florida waters home. The crew on our trip spotted a manatee and a sea turtle, but both submerged before we could see them. Make sure you bring sunscreen, cameras and snacks for the trip. On our sail, water and soda were the only things provided by the crew. It was difficult to find a place to purchase snacks for the trip near the marina so I would advise stopping before you get to the old town area.

The crew will always try their best to sail more than use the motor, so your exact course will vary depending upon wind and tide conditions. Our conditions were not great and I wish we were able to get up to a faster speed, but this takes nothing away from the experience. There is a restroom facility (Head) on board and once you are out of the marina, you are able to move freely around the deck. My sons really enjoyed helping and disembarked with the comment - "We really need to buy a sailboat someday". If we visit St. Augustine again, we will book a voyage on Freedom!

1 Thank Brian G
Hamilton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great adult boat cruise”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My GF and I really enjoyed the sunset cruise and the general atmosphere of the cruise. It was relaxed and quiet and sailing beats the heck out of motoring around. The crew was engaging and friendly... You could tell they loved their jobs.

A great experience.

Gainesville, Florida
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Nice Evening”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband wanted to do this for his birthday. We did the sunset sail.......leaves the city dock @ 6:15PM....sails 'til 8:15PM.....you are with about 25 other folks but the boat is big enough so that you are comfy. The crew is friendly and they serve you beer, sodas or wine. My hubby had never been in the bay and seen St. Augustine from that prospective. He really enjoyed it......so did I! I think it was a little over priced, but OK for a special occasion.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Vicki M
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant sailing”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A beautiful boat with an even better crew. The value here is outstanding given it includes refreshments and the trip is for 2 hours. The crew on board were extremely friendly and knowledgable about the local area, even giving the best place to eat. Be sure to apply sun lotion!

Visited June 2014