“Great!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I'm not one for a place like Village Inn but we needed a quick place to stop for breakfast this morning with no waiting. Mary Lou was fabulous and so friendly!! We enjoyed chatting with Mary Lou and especially after noticing she had been with the company for 28 years!! Meals were so inexpensive and got a ton of food. Thank you!!

1  Thank IcefrostOFlorida

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My 82 year old mother on a walker cane and I were greeted quickly and taken to a requested booth. The table had 3 large wet spots on it. The server put the menus on the large wet spots and told us that one of us would have to sit at an angle because the air conditioner leaked on that seat. (seriously, get it fixed or remove that booth) I asked for another booth. The server barked, "you'll have to wait, we don't have another booth.": Since I got a parking spot right in front of the Village Inn, I knew they were not busy. In the near vicinity, I could view 2 empty booths. This server then led us to the farthest small booth at the back of the restaurant (mother on walker.cane). My mom could barely fit in this small booth with her leg. We walked past 4 regular sized booths on the way back there. When our server approached, we asked for a larger booth so that we could sit comfortably. After I heard the first server say, "^%$#" behind the wall next to me, we got up and left. It is not a fancy restaurant, but even a hash house can at least treat people well.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice. Loved it, quick, good food, clean and staff was friendly.they are close to historic area and provide parking

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have seen some comments that they have Village Inn restaurants elsewhere but I have never seen one, we went in thinking it was a local establishment. We went for breakfast about 10am and were seated promptly. They have a large selection of breakfast items including french toast, pancakes, crepes, omelets, hash browns, etc. Everyone in our party liked the pancakes, they make their own batter, no mixes here. Coffee is good and they leave a pot on your table for refills. One word of warning, if you do the "Pick your own breakfast" where you get 4 items then the portions of each might be a little smaller than you were expecting. My son and I ordered pancakes as one of our items and they were half the size of the regular order or pancakes my daughter got. Overall for $7.98 the pick a meal was plenty of food and still a good deal, no one went home hungry. We asked for our bacon cooked crisp and it was done perfectly, not floppy and not burned to a crisp. Another plus is they have a parking lot so you don't have to find a spot on the street or pay to park in a garage. This restaurant definitely gets a thumbs up from us.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you travel around Florida, you'll realize that Village Inn is a corporate chain. If you don't know that, it's easy to go in and believe that you've just come across a really good local place.
I had been on the road all day and just wanted a good meal. The menu is overwhelming! Lots and lots of selections, and everything is available all day long, so at 4:30 pm, I decided on breakfast.
My ham and cheese omelet was perfectly prepared, and I even had my choice of several cheeses. The toast was actually toast and not just lukewarm bread. The coffee was fresh and plentiful. The hashbrowns were pretty much just hashbrowns, but I take them plain, so they weren't going to cause a brass band to parade through the place anyway.
The key here was the service. Attentive, friendly, sociable and efficient. All in all, I had a very pleasant time here. Now, I grant you, I wasn't here at prime time, so I can't speak to complaints others have had about slower service. I will tell you that the front part of the restaurant is a sort of atrium affair, and if there are families of screechy kiddos, that is definitely going to be amplified.