“Convenience and Location”

Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Orlando, Florida
“Convenience and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding for a close family relative. Located near a big discount mall, it was nevertheless a quiet place to stay. Very convenient to downtown St. Augustine, it has free parking and a nice breakfast spread. It is also just off I-95 and makes getting in and out very easy. Emloyees were very helpful. Rooms were clean and well-maintained. Highly recommended and competitive with other hotels along the strip of hotels nearby. Also has a nice outdoor pool.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easy to get in and out of for the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bobsibaok
laquintastaugustine, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My daughter, mother and I arrived on Tuesday 3/13/2012. The drive up was very refreshing. The surroundings are very comforting and they are dog friendly(at no extra charge for your dog). First, the gentleman at the front desk was very knowledgeable. Second, When I could not manage to get the room cool enough the gentleman from the front desk and the service were very prompt and friendly, it was more like old friends and I have NEVER stayed at this location before.Last, The breakfast was boiled eggs, Hot waffles, cold and hot cereal, apples, oranges, and pastries Our room was very clean and up to date. The front desk was always available. There is a waking path where I walked and ran with my dogs each morning and felt very safe.The Outlet Mall is within walking distance as well for those that don't mind. I will defiantly refer family and friends to this location and I will stay again when we visit again.

Room Tip: I stayed with my mother and I advise requesting a large room and a room on the first floor if you ha...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bacrowe
laquintastaugustine, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and kind comments! It is always encouraging to be able to pass on positive notes to my staff so they know their hard work is appriciated. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Bethlehem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I've stayed at this LaQuinta on my way to Florida for the past 4 years. Always great service. I admire the lady who cleans, she works so hard and is always pleasant. This location has improved their rooms and is one of the better places I've stayed and the price isn't sky high.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank cher1948
Cosby, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Super friendly and helpful staff! Great breakfast! Clean rooms!
Good location. Highly recommend.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank boob43
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent place to stay for the night. Next to the outlet stores and close proximity to downtown St. Augustine. Quite and clean rooms. Pets allowed. Ample parking. Good continental breakfast. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingRetiree04
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We arrived at midnight with our dog in tow. We had a quick check-in by a very friendly front desk clerk. She greeted us with fresh coffee and was more than helpful, plus she loved our dog. Our room was clean and large -- nice beds. In the morning the same desk clerk watched our dog, so we could grab some breakfast. I would definitely recommend, especially for pet owners. Easy on and off from I95.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KATHLEEN A
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Although we were not so much aware that this was a PET FRIENDLY hotel we are now...Be prepared to here BARKING dogs, dogs being brought into the dining room where your Breakfast is being served. Overall it was an average stay, but we will definately be more AWARE of the Pet Friendly hotels from now on !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank davbarfinney
Thank you for staying with us! I read your review and wanted to respond to the issues you brought up. Yes, all La Quinta's are pet friendly, and I wanted to assure you that this property is in the process of reevalutating our Pet Policy to acheive a better balance between our guests with pets and those without.
We do not allow pets in the dining area unless they are service animals; federal guidelines prevent us from turning away these types of animals. Another catch-22 for us is we cannot require a guest claiming their animal is a service animal to provide proof of such. It is possible there are guest who take advantage of this.
We do take our guest's comments seriously and I hope I have been able to reassure you. I also hope that you would consider staying with us again when you visit our wonderful city. Again, thank you for your patronage!