“Doggie Retreat”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the La Quinta in St Augustine, FL the night of January 31st. We had a wonderful experience. The rooms are well designed, clean and comfortable. The whole staff was doggie friendly and we were able to relax and enjoy our stay.

In the evening, we drove a short way to one of the outlet malls. They, too, were doggie friendly and our pets were welcome in all the stores.

If you have a dog or two, this is the perfect place for you.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor at the end of our hall. It was a quiet spot.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stay hear every time we come to Florida. We have stayed at other hotels but always come back to this location. We love the new paint and tile work done in all the rooms. The only reason we left early this year was due to the weather. We picked the wrong weekend.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Upon arrival the impression of the lobby was so-so. When we opened the door to our room we were pleasantly surprised. The room was attractive and decorated nicely with above average decor. The refrigerator is larger than most rooms we've stayed in. The bathroom was also larger than most with plenty of counter space. Flat screen TV and microwave are new models. It was also nice to open the laptop and get immediate wifi, no passwords or codes needed. The breakfast was great and plentiful with a good selection of cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, DIY waffles, fruit, yogurt and pastries. I did get a corporate discounted rate and ended up paying around $80, which was average for the area and time of year.

1  Thank 207vall
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We visited St. Augustine to see the shrine "Lady of La Leche". We stayed at this hotel because they were pet friendly. To our surprise it was beautiful and very clean. Although they allow your pets, you wouldn't even know it. The hotel is extremely clean having a fresh smell throughout with no pet odor anywhere on the property. We brought our Jack Russel and she was welcome to walk around with us throughout St. Augustine, but of course on her leash.

THE ROOMS: We stayed on the third floor. Our room had beautiful partial wooden floors. The other half of the room has beautiful soft carpet. Our double queen beds were plush and extremely comfortable with chocolate wood backboards. After looking at the pictures online today, I don't believe those pictures do justice on just how beautiful these rooms really are in reality.

BREAKFAST: They have free breakfast which includes, hot waffles, eggs, and an excellent continental breakfast.

LOBBY: The lobby is very quaint and has a few plush chairs and sofa.

PARKING: It's free and ample.

LOCATION: Behind the hotel is a big outlet mall and a few restaurants. This hotel is also has easy access to the highway.

I just had to come back home and tell the world about this place! I couldn't believe how wonderful our stay was here and totally recommend it to everyone, especially those who travel with a pet!

Congrats to the hotel from the Gray Family and thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Whether you have a pet or not, this is the place to stay. the price for the hotel is very reasonabl...
A TripAdvisor Member
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stay at La Quinta St Augustine Hotel next I95 for one night on Dec 28, my son and me and of course my pet , by mistake my Son left his coat in the closet, on Dec 29 around 1030pm my son called to the reception spoke to a lady who promised him that UPS will call him next day asking delivery address etc, etc, at the end of the Monday my Son called the hotel a gain spoke to another agent who said same story, days goes fast on Jan 4th 2014 I decided to handle this issue , when I called the hotel the reception agent transfer the call to the manager who promised that UPS will call me in the 30 minutes , after 3 hours I handle the issue calling
by myself to all UPS based at St Augustine Fl , hotel nice but service no good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 January 2014

rooms are clean but way outdated. seats in lobby are sunken in with broken springs- not a welcoming appearance. the entire hotel needs a remake and renovate. breakfast is skimpy compared to other hotels- no eggs other than hard boiled or any meat products.

furniture in rooms are worn and scratched- a 2 rating is generous.

1  Thank Dr C
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had heard negative reviews about this Inn, but found the stay to be excellent. Room was very clean, and up to a 4 star rating. Had my cat with me and stayed on the 3rd Floor which was very quiet and clean. Will return in March for another stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple