“Sleep with the animals?”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine
Ranked #44 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a dog barking on my floor. Hotel is "Pet Friendly" to the point where they don't limit floors or rooms for pet use. Whichever room you stay in, consider the pets that have stayed there before you. When I complained about a dog that barked all night being on my floor, I was told it was my fault for not reporting it, even though they couldn't have done anything but move me in the middle of the night, and that they were pet friendly, why did that bother me?

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank dave6788

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We also spent 2 nights over Memorial Weekend. And we obviously had not realized when booking this hotel that a pet-friendly hotel means that there are dogs allowed in all rooms. First we were told that dogs would be only on the first floor but then we realized that they were on our (3rd) floor, too. There was a lot of barking, particularly when the highly responsible dog owners went out and left their pets in the rooms. I would definitely not recommend this hotel unless you are a dog or a dog owner. On top of everything else the room was smelly and the staff was not very friendly.
Hilde

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent a night here on Memorial Day weekend 2014. The hotel itself is clean and in good condition. We noticed that this is the #1 place for dogs, and we were awakened by barking at 7 AM. It's not in the heart of the city, so you'll have to drive and likely have to pay $10 to park in the city. Breakfast was sub par, and it was mostly depleted 30 minutes before breakfast was supposed to end. It was not our favorite La Quinta experience, and I would just recommend it as a suitable option if you're traveling with a pet.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator - we heard noises throughout the night.
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night-the room was very nice and clean.Located near the outlet,so excellent for shopping.Old town St.Augustine 15 min drive away.Staff at Check-in friendly,but the desk clerk in the morning seemed to need more training.I asked for a receit,because I booked online and wanted to see,what they charged on my credit card.The clerk refused to give me a receit and said he wasn't allowed to do so.He said I had to ask the company,where I booked the room.Hello?I booked it at your hotel!We argued for a while,I asked for the manager who hadn't arrived yet.We wanted to leave,so I asked for an Email adress, the clerk asked me to call the manager later,which I refused,because I didn't want to pay for the call from my German Cell phone.The clerk disappeared and came back with another lady,who asked me to wait for the Assistant Manager.I waited while an loser gentleman had an other complaint and demanded that the clerk called the manager.The clerk tried to call the manager,who arrived a Minute later.They both disappeared in the back and suddenly the clerk came back and gave my receit and apologized.What was that?!
We usually like the La Quinta Group but I have to say,this was absolutely unprofessional!When you pay,you get a receit!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very clean room, and quiet. Traveled for the 1st time with our small dog, this is a very nice pet friendly place. Room was comfortable, as well as the beds. I like it when the bathroom is separate from the rooms, as this one was. Close to shopping and restaurants. Would stay again, and probably will, as St. Augustine is one of our favorite places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed for a week at La Quinta Inn in St. Augustine. Beautiful stay and we were treated very well by the staff. The rooms were cleaned on a regular basis and the commendations were kept neat and clean as well. We were handy to the beach, downtown St. Augustine and also shopping areas. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We always love LaQuinta and this one didn't let us down. Very new and clean, lots of dogs around but didn't smell like it in halls or rooms. Breakfast was great, staff was friendly. Walking distance to outlet mall (an added plus)

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you have a pet, close to both doors and lots of outside walking area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family