“Nice Place to Stay In Old Town St. Augustine”

Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our first stay at a B&B and it was great. Our hosts Michaele and Julio were friendly but not intrusive. We stayed in the Platinum room. It is a nice room. I liked the private hallway, it allowed us a little extra privacy when venturing into the hallway in the morning for coffee. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were super soft. The room was well appointed and had almost everything we needed (it would be nice to have a safe in the room, probably not necessary.) The only problems with the room is the light that comes in the top windows (not sure what they are called). There must be a streetlight or something but the room never gets completely dark and we could hear music till about 12:30 on Friday night. The location was super convenient for popping back into the room for breaks while exploring St. Augustine. The breakfast, cookies and wine were greatly appreciated. I would recommend the Carriage House to anyone visiting St. Augustine.

Room Tip: Look at the website and find the best room for you.
1  Thank Beach710
oldcityexpert, Owner at Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I appreciate your review. The Platinum room as described online has an amazing cathedral ceiling with sky lit transom windows. It is one of our most popular rooms. I even have guests that want me to rename it the "Starlight" room because you can gaze at the stars on a clear night. On your next visit, I'm sure you would love the Amethyst or Emerald premium new rooms featuring travertine baths with rain head showers and dual body sprays plus air-jet tubs for 2. Cheers!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

First getaway with my husband in a long time. Michaele and her staff made it relaxing and romantic while being helpful in determining how to spend our time in St Augustine. Breakfast was excellent as well as fresh baked goodies in the afternoon. Enjoyed sitting on the verenda with a glass of wine in the evening. Thank you for the hospitality and we will return.

Room Tip: All rooms awesome
2  Thank Anita Grant K

How lovely to read your review. I know life gets busy, so we at Carriage Way truly value these Excellent Overall reviews. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just made it home from St, Augustine. What a wonderful place to stay. Michaele and her staff were delightful. She even met us in a parking lot and led us through the back allies due to a blocked road. They arranged an evening tour which was great.We will be back, and would recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: The Emerald room has a private entrance which we loved!
3  Thank Mark L
oldcityexpert, Owner at Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

You have such a great sense of humor. I'm happy you liked the personal tour around town:) We aim to please. We wish you many happy returns. I'm grateful for the review!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Michaele and Julio were so welcoming and helpful. I love the feel of this home cozy and comfortable. Great location with on site parking. I enjoyed soaking in the large claw foot tub. Great recommendations ...Dinner at Casa Maya, it was raining and Julio was very kind and drove us to the restaurant. Just down the street is the new Chocolate Turtle ( OMG! Banana Crush Cake ) We had a delicious breakfast on the large porch. Can't wait till my next visit.

2  Thank Debbie M

It's fantastic that you returned to Carriage Way under our new ownership. It's been really great meeting repeat guests and turning them into my own. We are thankful that you took the time to write us such a nice review. Cheers!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

What a great experience. Michaele and Julio were great. Great food, very clean, nice staff. Lots of good food and shops within walking distance. We would certainly stay again and recommend the Carriage Way to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Emerald room has private entrance and was very quiet.
1  Thank Serina23

It was a total delight to host you for your 20th anniversary! I'm glad you really enjoyed our premium junior suite - Emerald Room. The doors will be open to you anytime, especially since you live so close. Gratefully yours, Michaele

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This B&B is everything I hoped it would be. The rooms are beautiful and clean. Everyone is friendly and can't do enough for you. I highly recommend this place. They make you fell at home. Since I am a hotel snob, this place is where I would love to stay again... And again'

• Stayed: June 2014

It's just wonderful when we can win over a self-proclaimed "hotel snob"!! At Carriage Way you are most definitely a valued guest and not just a room number. I appreciate the wonderful review.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My boyfriend Eric and I loved the Carriage Way. Quait, great food, and had excellent
service. We will be back! The Inn keeper Micheal was so helpful and had great knowledge
of the town and great places to eat being my boyfriend is a chef.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your time with us at Carriage Way! I truly appreciate the great review. I am glad that I was able to point you in the right direction for eateries especially with your boyfriend being a chef. He was so complimentary of our breakfasts which meant a great deal. See you soon!