“A great, relaxing, B&B”

Ranked #7 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“A great, relaxing, B&B”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the Kenwood Inn for an off-site business meeting. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the accommodations and the fantastic care of Pat, who runs the place.
This is an old home that has been upgraded. Beds are good, in-room TV, nice TV, etc. Breakfast was better than Continental with fruit, cereals, homemade cinnamon rolls.
Strongly recommend for a relaxing stay in St. Agustine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Kenwood Inn along with my parents back in January (apologies to Pat for not writing a review sooner) and would highly recommend it to anyone.
The staff were professional and very friendly. The rooms are very comfortable and you are made to feel very 'at home'.
Little touches like returning in the afternoon and finding a complimentary decanter of wine on the side in the lounge go a long way to elevating it above your average B&B.
The owner Pat was very welcoming and made sure to ask whether there was anything that she could do to further help my father who has limited mobility due to his Parkinson's disease.
There were a few repairs being done to the balcony and decking when we were there which were a little noisy but they were limited to the day time and hey, you have to do maintenance work at some point.
Overall, a very nice place. Go and see for yourself! :)

Room Tip: My wife and I stayed in 'The Captains Suite' which is very spacious, has a comfortable seati...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I honeymooned here 15 years ago and have returned several times since then. It keeps getting better and better! The Innkeeper, Pat, is very welcoming and extremely accommodating. And she does everything with a smile! Together, we schemed a "surprise wedding vow renewal" for our 15th anniversary. She arranged for the minister, cake, champagne, and flowers, all without letting my husband know what we were up to! It was sweet and simple, just like I had hoped for!
The rooms at this B&B are very comfortable and private. The breakfasts are delicious, and if you have any special requests, Pat is always willing to try to accommodate. She even went to the store to buy me provolone cheese for my special request egg-white omelet!
I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to St. Augustine. The location is also ideal...close enough to walk anywhere, yet far enough to be away from any crowds. It's the perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that had a private balcony. I would highly recommend this if you are looking fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife got married here, Pat is a wonderful host. They have a wonderful breakfast spread. Would highly recommend that you stay with them or let them host your event. Rooms are very clean and staff very friendly and willing to help or accommodate any needs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sarasota, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just completed our second visit to the Kenwood Inn. Pat and her Staff are outstanding and offer their guests a friendly and comfortable experience. All the rooms are exceptionally clean and well decorated. Being only 2 blocks south of King Street is very convenient too.
We highly recommend the Kenwood and will come back "home" every time we are in town
to visit family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my first experience at a Bed & Breakfast and my husband and I loved the Kenwood Inn. We will definitely be back. The house is beautiful and cozy and the staff was outstanding. It was very clean and the breakfast was great. I stood there to attend my sister's wedding and Pat was a most outstanding host and coordinator. She was such a blessing to us and so accommodating, never pushy or never a bad attitude. I highly recommend staying here and also recommend the Captain Room. The Kenwood is the only Bed & Breakfast in the area that has a pool and a nice one at that. Stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Captain room was awesome with the balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luz D
GardeniaPalm
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently returned from my stay at the Kenwood Inn, and what a fantastic time it was!

I began researching hotels for my trip quite a bit in advance, but was disappointed that I could only find a handful of places with two beds. I was close to booking both the Hilton and Casa Monica, but held off since I really wanted to support a small business.

It was the week before my trip and I still hadn’t found a place. Every time I searched online, the Kenwood would pop up, but the price was more than I wanted to spend. I finally decided to check out their site as opposed to just the big booking agents, and low and behold they had a much better rate!

I booked Caitlin’s room via the Kenwood website and eagerly awaited my trip!

After flying into Orlando and driving up to St. Augustine, I found a parking spot right in front of the inn! (For those not as fortunate in finding spaces, the Kenwood provides complimentary parking for guests at a lot just up the block.)

We actually bumped into the innkeeper Pat right on the street! She graciously helped bring in luggage, while the inn manager, Kate, set us up in our room.

The Caitlin room is spacious and provides two bedrooms and two full bathrooms separated by a charming pocket door. One bedroom has a door that opens into the hall of the inn, and the other bedroom has a door that leads out to the spacious back deck.

In the evening, Pat puts out a selection of wine, and depending on who else is staying at the inn, there’s a lovely happy hour filled with conversation, and getting to know one and other.

The inn has numerous seating areas including one formal dining room, one casual dining room, the front porch, the parlor, the main living room, the back deck, and the side deck (my personal favorite!)

In the morning, a full breakfast is served either in the formal dining room, or on the back deck. One morning we had a delicious Mexican style egg bake along with fresh fruit, cake, cereal, juice, and coffee, and the other morning we had a Monte Cristo with fresh fruit, ice cream, juice, coffee, and cereal.

St. Augustine itself is a wonderful town with a long history. It is well preserved, and should be a “must visit” for everyone! Everything is easily walkable, and the Kenwood’s awesome location makes it easy to do just that.

The inn also provides complimentary bikes, and has a pool. There’s also a guest pantry with refrigerator, ice maker, Keurig coffee machine, and sink with instant hot water.

Overall I cannot recommend the Kenwood enough. It will be the only place I stay when in St. Augustine!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business