“Historically Beautiful”

Ranked #6 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Historically Beautiful”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The Kenwood Inn is a very pleasant and enjoyable place to visit. The rooms were spacious and clean and quiet. We loved the porches to sit and watch people go by. The swimming pool was very nice. It was located in a convenient walk to the St Augustine historical area. The staff was very helpful and friendly.. Ms. Pat is the sweetest. We highly recommend The Kenwood Inn!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the Kenwood Inn for an off-site business meeting. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the accommodations and the fantastic care of Pat, who runs the place.
This is an old home that has been upgraded. Beds are good, in-room TV, nice TV, etc. Breakfast was better than Continental with fruit, cereals, homemade cinnamon rolls.
Strongly recommend for a relaxing stay in St. Agustine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Kenwood Inn along with my parents back in January (apologies to Pat for not writing a review sooner) and would highly recommend it to anyone.
The staff were professional and very friendly. The rooms are very comfortable and you are made to feel very 'at home'.
Little touches like returning in the afternoon and finding a complimentary decanter of wine on the side in the lounge go a long way to elevating it above your average B&B.
The owner Pat was very welcoming and made sure to ask whether there was anything that she could do to further help my father who has limited mobility due to his Parkinson's disease.
There were a few repairs being done to the balcony and decking when we were there which were a little noisy but they were limited to the day time and hey, you have to do maintenance work at some point.
Overall, a very nice place. Go and see for yourself! :)

Room Tip: My wife and I stayed in 'The Captains Suite' which is very spacious, has a comfortable seati...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I honeymooned here 15 years ago and have returned several times since then. It keeps getting better and better! The Innkeeper, Pat, is very welcoming and extremely accommodating. And she does everything with a smile! Together, we schemed a "surprise wedding vow renewal" for our 15th anniversary. She arranged for the minister, cake, champagne, and flowers, all without letting my husband know what we were up to! It was sweet and simple, just like I had hoped for!
The rooms at this B&B are very comfortable and private. The breakfasts are delicious, and if you have any special requests, Pat is always willing to try to accommodate. She even went to the store to buy me provolone cheese for my special request egg-white omelet!
I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to St. Augustine. The location is also ideal...close enough to walk anywhere, yet far enough to be away from any crowds. It's the perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that had a private balcony. I would highly recommend this if you are looking fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife got married here, Pat is a wonderful host. They have a wonderful breakfast spread. Would highly recommend that you stay with them or let them host your event. Rooms are very clean and staff very friendly and willing to help or accommodate any needs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sarasota, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just completed our second visit to the Kenwood Inn. Pat and her Staff are outstanding and offer their guests a friendly and comfortable experience. All the rooms are exceptionally clean and well decorated. Being only 2 blocks south of King Street is very convenient too.
We highly recommend the Kenwood and will come back "home" every time we are in town
to visit family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my first experience at a Bed & Breakfast and my husband and I loved the Kenwood Inn. We will definitely be back. The house is beautiful and cozy and the staff was outstanding. It was very clean and the breakfast was great. I stood there to attend my sister's wedding and Pat was a most outstanding host and coordinator. She was such a blessing to us and so accommodating, never pushy or never a bad attitude. I highly recommend staying here and also recommend the Captain Room. The Kenwood is the only Bed & Breakfast in the area that has a pool and a nice one at that. Stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Captain room was awesome with the balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family