“Felt like part of the family”
Review of The Kenwood Inn

The Kenwood Inn
Ranked #6 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Felt like part of the family”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I took our babymoon to The Kenwood and it couldn't have been a better experience. We rented the suite on the top floor, since we had another couple with us. The stairs to that floor are a little steep so expect that. The rooms were nice and cozy, and the bed was super comfortable. And coming from someone who was almost in her 3rd trimester at the time, that is saying a lot. It was also really nice having the living room area in our suite to relax between sight-seeing activities.

My favorite part? They have a massage therapist that I hired for an in-room prenatal massage. After 4 days of walking around the beautiful sights, it was amazing to have someone work out my sore hips and feet! Splurge, get a massage!

Before staying here, my husband and I thought we would check out all the different B&Bs in the area just to see what they were like((and there are a ton to choose from!)). After our visit, I know we have found the only place we will be staying when we come to St. Augustine.
Pat made us feel like part of the family and had many great suggestions for things to do and places to see while we were there ((Hint: Check out the St. Augustine Distillery; it is a must)).

P.S. Pat, can you send me your Eggs Benedict recipe?? I've been dreaming about it since we stayed! Thanks!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank asantos1246

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family of 22 ranging from ages 1 to 81 spent four nights at the historical Kenwood Inn. We were greeted by the owner Pat and her daughter who were welcoming and knowledgeable as to what we should explore while visiting the oldest city in the USA. Additionally, the Inn had something for everyone. The children swam in the pool, musicians played the piano and the curious read about the haunted sightings here at the Inn. The rooms were all elegantly decorated with individual flair and serviced by a lovely staff daily. Breakfast was served on the patio and was beautifully presented and equally delicious. Wine and Brandy were available in the evenings for those wishing to partake. Pat also allowed us to use the refrigerators for additional needs during our stay. Without a doubt I would highly recommend staying at the Kenwood Inn.

Room Tip: I peeked in several rooms during our stay and they were all well done. We stayed in room 16 which ha...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The home is comfortable and welcoming. My husband and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary here and loved it! The breakfast was delicious; the staff is friendly and courteous. Pat, the inn owner, makes you feel like you are close family friends. We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Each room has its own benefit - balcony, large tub, shower with multiple shower heads, etc. Ask for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having been to St. Augustine many times, being a resident of florida for over 20 years, I must say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff and Pat were great hosts, we felt so welcome. The inn is very convenient to the downtown area (you can use the bikes, like we did and you are there in minutes). Not to mention breakfast was delicious. Thanks Pat and all the staff for a great stay - see you again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rhicks56
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and two boys stayed at the Kenwood Inn, in the 3rd floor bay view suite. Rooms were nicely kept, 2 bedrooms, living room, and a full bath. The Innkeeper Pat, was very friendly, always greeting you with a smile, and would answer any questions you had. The breakfast was superior to a continental breakfast, and the staff was exceptional. The Inn is located within walking distance to all shops and eateries, we never moved the car all weekend.
I highly recommend the Kenwood Inn, and my wife is already planning our next stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3rd floor suite, which was nicely cooled with the central air.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Kenwood Inn because we had a concert to go to In Jax fl. Pat made us feel right at home . The breakfast was outstanding. It was Fathers day so she made a special treat for all the Dad's. We wish we could of stayed longer but we will definitley be back again soon.
Thanks for the great Hospitality Pat!!
Lana and Rafael

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The Kenwood Inn is a very pleasant and enjoyable place to visit. The rooms were spacious and clean and quiet. We loved the porches to sit and watch people go by. The swimming pool was very nice. It was located in a convenient walk to the St Augustine historical area. The staff was very helpful and friendly.. Ms. Pat is the sweetest. We highly recommend The Kenwood Inn!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple