“Outstanding Inn”

St. Francis Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the St. Francis Inn. We stayed for four nights. We wished it could have been more.
The staff is incredibly accommodating. They go above and beyond to service their clients.
The rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable.
The breakfast is extraordinary with a host of different offerings daily.
The extra amenities such as beer, wine, snacks each afternoon are wonderful.
The outdoor seating area is so very inviting with tables and chairs in a secluded area.
The owners are fantastic. Joe is one of the nicest, hospitable, innkeeper you could converse with. His expertise and knowledge of St.Augustine was invaluable.
We will return. A highly recommended must stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Dummet. The room has a wonderful view with a refrigerator.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the St. Francis Inn with our sons, ages 8 and 11, because we wanted to experience historic St. Augustine in an authentic B&B instead of a generic hotel. I was surprised at how family-friendly it actually was. The Saffron Suite was like having our own apartment, complete with front porch. The food was delicious, and there was always something available whenever the kids wanted a snack, even at bedtime. We borrowed the inn's bicycles and rode them along the waterfront to the Castillo (we brought scooters from home for the kids.) The staff were very accommodating and hospitable. Although there were plenty of antiques, the sofas, sofa bed, and chairs in our suite were modern, making it more comfortable for our family. I'm so glad we stayed at the St. Francis Inn!

Room Tip: The Saffron Suiite had a bedroom with queen bed, living area with pull-put queen sofa bed, one bathr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The St. Francis Inn was great for our 10th anniversary weekend! The staff there is so nice and helpful. The breakfast is delicious, the rooms are charming and clean, and we had a wonderful time. We would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was my first time at a B and B and I loved the St. Francis Inn. Everyone was so nice and very helpful!!! I stayed here for 2 nights and wished I could have stayed longer.. I def will stay here again in the future..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Three long-time girlfriends chose the St Francis and St Augustine for a special birthday weekend get-away. This was a great BandB for three ladies. They had several rooms to choose from that had a sitting area with a fold-out sofa. The room was very tastefully decorated and very clean.
Breakfast was great with an ever-changing menu every morning. Mimosas and Bloody Marys were served on Sunday!
There was always Coffee, an array of Teas and water available in the lobby. Cookies too!
The evening happy hour was a relaxing respite after a day of shopping/touring.
The staff could not have been nicer and they were helpful and accomodating.
All in all, a great place to stay in St. Augustine!

Room Tip: We were in the Wilson Suite across the street from the main house. Great for three ladies or a coupl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the St. Francis. We were only in town for one night
and did not get a chance to take advantage of all the Inn had to offer, but what we did was
wonderful. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and helpful. You had a sense
while there that the staff liked each other and worked well together to make your stay an
enjoyable one. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and quiet. You also would not
go hungry with all the little snacks and drinks available during the day and the scrumptious
breakfast served to start your day off right. Being located right in the middle of town let you
enjoy the area and never have to use your car while still being in a quiet setting.
I would not hesitate to recommend staying here.

1  Thank N D
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my fiancé decided to try out a bed & breakfast with our visit to St. Augustine as we had never been to the old city. Being the oldest with so much history we had to look up a nice room with possible excitement of being "haunted" just to add to the adventure. After careful research and reviews we decided to stay here at St. Francis Inn and we absolutely loved it and will return! The only downfall was when we arrived we were informed the heated pool was broke meaning no heat.. I myself was really looking forward to that part. The people were VERY friendly and helpful and one of the best parts was the fact even after our stay we were able to still come and go with free parking the following day (of course we handed in room keys but we had access to the bathroom and amenities all day). We did breakfast in our room and it was sooo good!! I definitely recommend this Inn! We stayed in "Lillys room", it was nice and cozy. As far as "haunted" the only weird occurrences we had were during the night I awoke to a very cold draft and we had the heat on as it was very cold out. Another during breakfast, as we were eating ONE set of lights over the bed flickered 3 good times.. We just kind of sat and looked at one another.. Then after reviewing the room before leaving and searching luggage we were missing my fiancé's shirt he was going to wear that day. So nothing bad but it was weird and kind of cool. I totally give this Inn an 11! You will love it!

• Stayed: March 2014