“Always a pleasure....”

St. Francis Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was my fourth or fifth visit to the St. Francis and my first review. I'm not sure I'll stay anywhere else in St. Augustine. I've stayed at the inn, at the Beach House, at the Beach Cottage and in the Beach Bungalow.....all are amazing! The staff, the property, the attention to detail, the food, the amenities, everything is perfect and well thought out. Any problems, which are rare, are taken care of immediately. I just got home today and have already booked my vacation for next year! Do yourself a favor and check out the St. Francis next time you visit beautiful St. Augustine.

Room Tip: If staying in one of the beach properties, choose the Beach Cottage.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joi A

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I went to St. Augustine for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed in the Dummett Room. It was very clean.(I am a clean freak, almost as bad as a germaphobe. I will pack my own cleaning supplies to reclean the room) The staff was very friendly, I liked Kelly the best; she was very friendly and helpful. The location was great as well. We were able to walk everywhere we went. I will say that walking to the lighthouse is farther that we thought. If you do walk make sure you wear comfortable shoes. The only negative? The the beds were kind of small. We are used to sleeping in a queen size bed and this was not really a queen. More like in between full and queen. Overall if we go back to St. Augustine we will be staying there again. Maybe try a different room just for fun. Also I did not have any ghost experiences and also note that this place was built in 1861 I believe, so it is old. Don't go in thinking you are at a hotel built in the 2000's.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We wanted a quick, romantic weekend get away and that is exactly what we found. We stayed in the beautiful ballerina room which was very romantic. This inn is full of small touches which make a huge differance. The staff was amazing going out of their way to make us comfortable. The evening social and breakfast were delicious, and we really enjoyed taking out the complimentary bicycles after our breakfast. We were sad to leave after only one night, but we are already planning our next visit which will be much longer lived!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the saffron suite on our wedding night and everything about this inn is fabulous! Every detail was exquisite and the staff are wonderful! The suite was large enough to accommodate my bridal party getting ready (6 bridesmaids and relatives together w the makeup artists and photographers). The location can't get any better and the gardens are pristinely maintained in a true And natural Florida secret garden fashion. Three other couples in our party also stayed at this inn and six weeks later, everyone is still raving about the stay! Thank you to Joe, Kelly and Jill and everyone at the Inn for working so hard to keep this place top in St Augustine!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UndineC
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This wonderful inn in the heart of St Augustine's historic district was the perfect place to spend a few nights. We stayed in 2 different rooms, first Miss Emily's, then the Overlook room. Both were romantic, clean, large and with comfortable beds with a jacuzzi tub for two. The staff was caring and attentive. Each breakfast was delicious (and not too early in the morning). And being able to take our breakfast into the beautiful, lush garden was an added bonus. The inn features a delightful social hour every day with free wine and beer from 5-6pm and and homemade dessert from 8-9:30 each day. There was always a full pot of coffee in the inn's antique filled sitting room and fruit infused water to drink. With free parking, free bicycles and a pool open 24 hours day,this inn surpasses even the nicest 4 or 5 star hotel. We highly recommend this charming inn to all who visit St Augustine.

Room Tip: Ask for Miss Emily's room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The St Francis Inn is wonderful. This hotel was built as a home in the 1700's and it still has the original look, with the addition of a third floor built some time in the 1800's. It's like traveling back in time. The beds are so comfortable! Everything is clean and all of the furnishings are period pieces. For a history buff, it's heaven on earth. The breakfast is amazing. There is coffee and refreshments set out all day. There is a cozy dining room for social hour in the evening. It's small enough to get into a conversation with the people in the neighboring table but large enough that you can have a private conversation. The staff bends over backwards to help and they must have been born with smiles and southern charm. The St Francis is reputed to have it's own ghost, and I have to admit I might have heard some bumps in the night, but it's a friendly ghost, so no worries! After a long day of sightseeing it's just so wonderful to come here where everything is welcoming and relaxing. It's the best.

Room Tip: Some rooms look out into a courtyard, some into an quaint brick road with oaks and spanish moss. All...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank andrea m
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were already planning our return visit one day into our stay! The property is beautiful. You can feel the positive energy. The room was so comfortable that it felt like home. And the location, while proximate to everything, was just enough off the beaten path that it was quiet and private.

Room Tip: The Dummett or Overlook are perfect for quaint luxury.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple