If you want to be in the "center" of the historic district, this is one of several hotels to select. A short walk to the fort and the pedestrian streets of old St. Augustine. Our room was clean, the bathroom small but functional and the bed extremely comfortable.
We were visiting over Christmas break and the price of this hotel skyrocketed to $229. Another Best Western, the Historical Inn, is just down the road, very close to the historic district and cheaper. Plus, it serves breakfast while Bayfront Inn does not.
We arrived to the Best Western Bayfront early and my wife asked to use a restroom. They told us to go down the street to a restaurant and "just tell them you are with the hotel."
Built in 1959, this place has been refurbished, but the rooms are extremely small. We kept on hitting our bags as we attempted to walk in the room. A table could have been removed, but that would not keep the place under "Best Western" standards. A small refrigerator is in the room which was nice to have.
Parking at this time was $7 dollars. After paying the $229, not including tax, the parking should have been included.
There is a pool on the premises. The hotel is designed in a horseshoe configuration enabling you the sit on benches that are located outside the rooms. The view of the bay for many rooms is a "distant view" broken up by a major road. Nevertheless, benches are abundant and there is even a patio area on the second floor that has the best view of the road and bay.
We were fortunate to cancel our second night and move on. I really thought this hotel as being "over-priced," the parking fee tacky, but the bed very comfortable and the room clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you sit on the sundeck of Best Western bayfront overlooking beautiful Matanzas Bay, you'll experience true St. Augustine-style relaxation. Located in the heart of the historic district, our St. Augustine, Florida Best Western Bay-front has a long family tradition of service and quality. Our many wonderful amenities include a swimming pool and delicious dining at our on-site café. For business travel, we feature Internet access, data ports and comfortable workspace in every room. We're also conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and just steps from some of the city's most interesting and exciting sights. For a romantic getaway, try our Honeymoon Room. Or bring the whole family and enjoy in-room conveniences such as cable TV, king - or queen-sized beds, and a refrigerator that's ideal for storing drinks and snacks. For exploring the city, enjoying the beach or simply unwinding, Best Western bay Front is your destination in St. Augustine. We have a $10.00 Parking fee per car per night. Our bay front hotel overlooks the Matanzas Bay and puts you within walking distance of the historic district, including the Spanish Quarter, the Castillo de San Marcos, St. George Street, and countless shops and restaurants well-suited to any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Bayfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Hotel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Motel Saint Augustine
- Monterey Bed Breakfast
- Best Western Bayfront St. Augustine, Florida