“Fantastic Time!!!”

Casablanca Inn on the Bay
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Casablanca Inn, I'm counting the days until we can go back! We stayed in room #5 and loved it, the room is so cute! They really have everything you would need, robes, 2 hair dryers extra pillows ect. The staff were all so friendly & very helpful. If I had to mention a few minor flaws it would be the parking, trying to check in is a bit of a problem trying to find a spot to park to unload your stuff (but once checked in they have assigned parking for your car a short distance from the Inn), being in room #5 the gravel noise is pretty apparent when other guests are walking past at all hours, and lastly my husband & I are non smokers so when we tried to enjoy our drinks at the Martini Bar we had to move our seats a few times since a few of the others there were smoking cigars but really these are such minor details I hate to mention them. If you have any plans to visit the St. Augustine area you MUST stay at the Casablanca Inn you will love it!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very clean room, and the staff was very friendly throughout our stay. Short walk to restaurants and night life. Enjoyed our stay very much, and wouldn't hesitate to return. Parking very convenient for guests.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I will try to add value and be objective since so many other people have sung the praises of the Casablanca Inn. My only problem is that I was so much in love with this place that being critical is a little bit of a stretch for me.

1) Check-in and moving my luggage to my 2nd floor room was a bit of a challenge. You can park your car on a gravel lot in the back of the main house, but this can get a little hairy if more than one person at a time is moving into or out of their room.
2) Parking is not far from the hotel but can be a little tricky if the lot is full (thanks to a huge tree). My advice is park your car and only move it if you absolutely have to drive some place. Otherwise walk or take a trolley.
3) My room (18) was amazing! It did have some cosmetic flaws but overall I loved the size of the room and the location. In fact I think I liked being in the Coach house rather than the Main House. My only real complaint was the noise of the trash truck on Monday morning at 7AM.
4) The staff is so unbelievable (especially Anne). They have such a great attitude at this place and I felt like I was a 4 diamond hotel. Just ask and they will find a way to satisfy your every need.
5) Breakfast, while watching the sun rise each day over the inlet was a dream! And the food is more than good. Plus the service is out of this world! FYI, if you have a special request from the chef, just ask.
6) Drinks every night at the Martini Bar is a must before you venture out. But be adventurous. I think they service over 30 different types of martinis.
7) Location - One block from Stogies; 15 Feet from Meehans; and all the best places to drink and dine are off of Hypolita (which is the next block north)!

Will I stay here again? Absolutely!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor of the coach house.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

All future bed & breakfast's that we stay at in the future will be judged by our stay here. The room was luxurious. The view of the bay was beautiful and the tini martini bar was comfortable and inviting.

Room Tip: Get room #1. Heads turn at the bar when you go in and out of your room.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

On my first visit to St. Augustine, I wanted to stay at a bed & breakfast rather than a hotel. The location is very nice. The rooms are average size and nicely appointed. On arrival, I asked if I could change my room from a second floor which was a bit hard to get to. I selected a coach house room which was just behind the main building. A good decision. The breakfast menu is somewhat sparse and limited. The parking lot is a few blocks away, but easy to walk to if need be. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Either a first floor room or the coach house rooms; however, some first floor rooms are in a bad loc...
Reviewed 3 February 2014

There is a lot that can be said about Americas oldest city. For myself, it is the antique character that makes this city a treasure. For a couples getaway, St Augustine has all of the key ingredients that make each visit different and a unique discovery.

For this visit, my quest was to find a place to stay so that we could enjoy St Augustine for more than just a few hours in the evening. After all, downtown St Augustine is known to have two distinct characters. During the day you have your typical tourist areas with vendors and artists selling their merchandise. There are also museums and other attractions that are also interesting and worth visiting. But at night, the city takes on a whole different persona. Maybe its the lighting, the aromas from the various restaurants or just the feel of a different crowd. Either way though, St Augustine is a totally different place in the evening. For us, it was to experience this first hand by staying downtown.

There are quite a few places that are available for an overnight stay downtown. After reading some of the historical records as well as recommendations from others, our choice was the Casablanca Inn. For one, its location is central to everything that the city has to offer. Unlike some touristy spots, St Augustine can be considered a "walking" town. In fact, perhaps the best way to experience it is to do just that, walk. But do not get me wrong, if you would rather drive your car you can do so, but you may miss this full experience. This was one of the reasons for choosing the Casablanca Inn; it is central to everything that the old city has to offer. The other reason was for its romantic ambience. As soon as you walk through the door of the inn, you feel like you have been whisked away into another time.

For our stay we had room 11. Although the room is all modern in the accommodation area, the look and feel fits so well with the overall motif of the inn. The décor is very Victorian creating that great St Augustine ambience. The inn is not without historical merit either. Like many of the establishments within the old city, it has been made know through television, magazines and internet to be haunted. Although we were in hope of seeing something strange during our stay, we did not see anything of the like. Instead, the sleep number bed provided a wonderful quiet slumber. Bummer.

The inn does not provide a full restaurant. Rather, they do cater to breakfast as well as a martini bar. This bar provides seating inside or on the street allowing partakers to sit back and enjoy sipping a martini while watching the bay and tourists walk by. Being in such a great location, there are dozens of places to eat that will satisfy anyone's culinary pallet. Besides, part of the romance of St Augustine is walking hand in hand down a paved road to a local specialty eatery.

The Casablanca Inn is first rate if you are looking for a romantic getaway. It provides all the necessary ingredients and proves that you do not have to go far to make it happen. Should you choose the Casablanca Inn for your stay, it really is the gateway to romance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were warmly welcomed and our rooms were unique and beautifully appointed. The staff was wonderful and the location allowed us to explore the sites of old town just outside our door. Don't forget to have a cocktail in the popular martini bar!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends