“A++++. Perfection! 5 star decor, service & setting!”

Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I just returned yesterday from an amazing weekend getaway for his 50th Birthday (a surprise!)...and I couldn't be happier with my choice! The "Bayfront Westcott House" is no doubt the best Bed & Breakfast we have ever stayed at. From the moment I made our reservation to check out, we received 5 star service! Joy Warren (owner) made us feel like royalty and was so gracious and kind. She actually came out to our car to personally escort me to our room while my husband parked the car! The location is fabulous, within a very short walking distance to everything! Actually, it is located in the heart of the historic district, but also quiet, quaint and romantic too! You cant find a better location in all of St. Augustine..or better hosts! We never drove our car the entire weekend!

We stayed in "Victoria's Room." wow, it was breathtakingly gorgeous, with the best view of all the rooms..of course, all the views are great...but we had a room in the front part, with a huge balcony. They delivered breakfast (delicious!) every morning and we ate on our balcony while enjoying the waterfront view (Bridge of Lions and various boats, yachts, people strolling). We also loved just relaxing on our balcony w/our books!

Every evening, we were treated to complimentary appetizers and wine (yummy!..and they served top quality wine!) We also enjoyed hanging out in the peaceful courtyard and meeting other guests. Joy took care of our every need...from last minute dinner reservations to recommendations for local excursions...it was so nice to just sit back and not stress about anything!

I can't say enough about... location, location, location. And the decor was perfection! Wow, we were very impressed!!!

I also noted that the other B&B were all off the main roads...I only saw only (1) one other B&B that was direct waterfront, but honestly, it was full of partying 20 year olds... loud and boozing...the entire weekend..every time we passed this other waterfront B&B..it was full on revelers like a New Orleans Mardi GRAS crowd..I can just say it was complete opposite from the serenity of the Bayfront Wescott B&B with its refined beauty and tranquility...

I would recommend the Bayfront Wescott B&B 100% and we will be returning often! Thank you, Joy, for being so gracious, and for all the surprise goodies for my husband's 50th
Birthday! We will always cherish my husband's 50th birthday! Many blessings...

Room Tip: We live in Jacksonville area...and I can honestly say, this is by far the very TOP Bed & Breakfa...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Leogalfla
There are newer reviews for Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Staff was wonderful and location is within walking distance of everything there is to see and do in St Augustine. Each room has a private porch for those relaxing mornings enjoying coffee and the view of the water.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Lindalarson
Reviewed 8 January 2012

From the moment we walked through the front door of this quaint, beautiful home, we were greeted with smiles and treated like the most important people in the world. The staff was welcoming and attentive and the service was very personalized. The room was comfortable and beautiful and we were within walking distance of most everything in town. We were married at the Westcott House, out in the courtyard, and were treated like a king and queen during our stay at the home. The breakfast was tasty and the portion sizes were adequate. We felt very catered to and would recommend the Westcott house to anyone wishing to have a relaxing, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Rebecca" room. It was private and on the first floor of the carriage ho...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elizabethwood1
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The entire experience was EXCELLENT. I felt at home the minute I arrived. The overall experience was phenomenal. I can only complain about the parking but the view, the room, and the attention was superb! I am so happy I spend New Years Eve weekend there!

Room Tip: All the rooms were spectacular. They have rooms on the second floor as well as the 1st floor. I st...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ARLENE S
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

We enjoyed having you during the holiday and love your enthusiasm! Thank you for taking the time to post with Trip Advisor; we really, really appreciate the reviews. Happy New Year to you!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was our first trip to St. Augustine and staying at the Westcott over the New Years Hioliday made it an unforgettable trip that we will cherish forever. Can't say enough about how well we were taken care of by Joy and all the staff members. The inn is beautifully decorated and perfectly located facing the bay and within walking distance of everything. We are very much looking forward to staying at the Westcott in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the review. Stay tuned throughout the year, as we'll likely have some new and exciting things to offer on your return!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was our second New years and again we were not disappointed. Such a beautiful and relaxing B&B. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The rooms are quaint but spacious. Love spending time on the porches that overlook the beautiful bayfront and everyting is within walking distance. Both mornings we were able to eat on the porch and the food was delicious. Made our reservations again for next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

We are glad you enjoyed yourself, again. We love that you bring in the new year with us and hope to make the next New Year's Eve stay the best one yet!

Reviewed 31 December 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Westcott twice (once in January 2011 and again in December 2011) in 3 different rooms, and we were never disappointed. We love the second floor balcony porch swing of the main house, and sat up there for hours in the evenings, watching the fog roll in across the water. We have stayed in the Alexandra, Anastasia (January) and Victoria (December). I don't know if I could really pick a favorite. If the Anastasia had a king sized bed, it would be hands down my favorite room. Joy is an absolute delight and goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you desire. The staff at the Westcott is the greatest, and everything is spotless! Breakfast is wonderful and if you are a picky eater and don't think you would like the daily special, you can always have scrambled eggs and bacon. The Westcott is only a short walk away from the historic area and is a very nice stroll along the waterfront.

This was the first bed and breakfast my husband and I stayed in, and it started our love of b&b's. We have since been to 2 others in Savannah and Folly Beach, and have plans for 2 more in Waynesville, NC. Our desire is to stay in several different ones all the way up the east coast. We only live a short distance from St. Augustine, so will return many more times to the Westcott. Perfect for a weekend getaway. Thank you Joy and Andrew and the Westcott staff for making our stays so wonderful.

Room Tip: Second floor main house is awesome. When we stayed in the Alexandra, we did experience a little noi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

We look forward to hearing of your adventures. Hope to see you again soon!