“Westcott House”

Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The entire staff was wonderful and made us feel right at home, even though this was our first time staying at this Bed and Breakfast. Our room was perfect and very clean. The food for breakfast was amazing and homemade. Even the hot chocolate tasted extra special. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice getaway where it's quiet, friendly, and right on the water. My husband and I will definitely return to the Westcott House in the near future. Thanks to everyone who works there for making my birthday a wonderful time!

Room Tip: The Victoria Room is their best room, with a corner jacuzzi and a wonderfully soft king-sized bed. A...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferJ13

Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is our second stay at Bayfront Westcott B & B and it will not be our last! This time my husband and I came for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary (15 years) and birthday (not saying how many years!) and we truly enjoyed ourselves. The accommodations are unsurpassed. Each room is exquisitely appointed, with a careful eye for aesthetics and comfort. We stayed in the uniquely charming Allison's Loft which is on the top floor with a front window which overlooks the water and Avenida Menendez. Sunrises are spectacular and can be seen without leaving the room.The hospitality is warm and attentive and the food lovingly prepared. My special breakfast requests were honored and presented beautifully. It will be hard to leave and get back to reality but there is always our next stay to look forward to!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cgarcia815
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Wescott House for two nights. We were in the Abigail room which was very nice. Our room was on the second floor in the back and was very quiet and relaxing. Our room had a very comfortable queen size bed and bathroom included jacuzzi tub and double shower....I will comment it had only a pedestal sink with no shelf so not a lot of room for makeup, toiletries and curling iron. Very nicely decorated with 2 chairs and wardrobe. No real view from the room. The evening social hour was wonderful as was the morning breakfast. The choice is yours to eat in dining room or outside on the porch or veranda. Just beautiful!! The staff were so friendly, attentive and went the extra mile to make our stay pleasurable. They recommend restaurants and also prepared a "special" breakfast. We didn't move our car once we arrived...walked everywhere.

Room Tip: Next time we would like to stay in one of the rooms facing the bay for the view. Our room, Abigail...
2  Thank G-Ma30474
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I just returned yesterday from an amazing weekend getaway for his 50th Birthday (a surprise!)...and I couldn't be happier with my choice! The "Bayfront Westcott House" is no doubt the best Bed & Breakfast we have ever stayed at. From the moment I made our reservation to check out, we received 5 star service! Joy Warren (owner) made us feel like royalty and was so gracious and kind. She actually came out to our car to personally escort me to our room while my husband parked the car! The location is fabulous, within a very short walking distance to everything! Actually, it is located in the heart of the historic district, but also quiet, quaint and romantic too! You cant find a better location in all of St. Augustine..or better hosts! We never drove our car the entire weekend!

We stayed in "Victoria's Room." wow, it was breathtakingly gorgeous, with the best view of all the rooms..of course, all the views are great...but we had a room in the front part, with a huge balcony. They delivered breakfast (delicious!) every morning and we ate on our balcony while enjoying the waterfront view (Bridge of Lions and various boats, yachts, people strolling). We also loved just relaxing on our balcony w/our books!

Every evening, we were treated to complimentary appetizers and wine (yummy!..and they served top quality wine!) We also enjoyed hanging out in the peaceful courtyard and meeting other guests. Joy took care of our every need...from last minute dinner reservations to recommendations for local excursions...it was so nice to just sit back and not stress about anything!

I can't say enough about... location, location, location. And the decor was perfection! Wow, we were very impressed!!!

I also noted that the other B&B were all off the main roads...I only saw only (1) one other B&B that was direct waterfront, but honestly, it was full of partying 20 year olds... loud and boozing...the entire weekend..every time we passed this other waterfront B&B..it was full on revelers like a New Orleans Mardi GRAS crowd..I can just say it was complete opposite from the serenity of the Bayfront Wescott B&B with its refined beauty and tranquility...

I would recommend the Bayfront Wescott B&B 100% and we will be returning often! Thank you, Joy, for being so gracious, and for all the surprise goodies for my husband's 50th
Birthday! We will always cherish my husband's 50th birthday! Many blessings...

Room Tip: We live in Jacksonville area...and I can honestly say, this is by far the very TOP Bed & Breakfa...
5  Thank Leogalfla
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Staff was wonderful and location is within walking distance of everything there is to see and do in St Augustine. Each room has a private porch for those relaxing mornings enjoying coffee and the view of the water.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Lindalarson
Reviewed 8 January 2012

From the moment we walked through the front door of this quaint, beautiful home, we were greeted with smiles and treated like the most important people in the world. The staff was welcoming and attentive and the service was very personalized. The room was comfortable and beautiful and we were within walking distance of most everything in town. We were married at the Westcott House, out in the courtyard, and were treated like a king and queen during our stay at the home. The breakfast was tasty and the portion sizes were adequate. We felt very catered to and would recommend the Westcott house to anyone wishing to have a relaxing, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Rebecca" room. It was private and on the first floor of the carriage ho...
2  Thank elizabethwood1
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The entire experience was EXCELLENT. I felt at home the minute I arrived. The overall experience was phenomenal. I can only complain about the parking but the view, the room, and the attention was superb! I am so happy I spend New Years Eve weekend there!

Room Tip: All the rooms were spectacular. They have rooms on the second floor as well as the 1st floor. I st...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ARLENE S
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

We enjoyed having you during the holiday and love your enthusiasm! Thank you for taking the time to post with Trip Advisor; we really, really appreciate the reviews. Happy New Year to you!